Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ethernet Cable

Ethernet Cable

Alan

Is it possible to join ethernet cable with some kind of connecting device
similar to connecting telephone or aerial cable?

jtw

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:12:58 +0100, "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Is it possible to join ethernet cable with some kind of connecting device
>similar to connecting telephone or aerial cable?

It is. Been a while since I have seen this type of connector. I hav
never actually used one, but have seen one. Bother me to think I was
connecting two patch cables like this. Probably ok for home uses. Try
blackbox of some other online source.

jtw
--

http://www.UsenetRocket.com

why?

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:12:58 +0100, Alan wrote:

>Is it possible to join ethernet cable with some kind of connecting device
>similar to connecting telephone or aerial cable?

Not similar , but a switch / hub will do the job.

Similar, but remember the total max length limit.. Maplin ,
www.maplin.co.uk has/had 2 RJ45 couplers, 1 was crossed and the other
was straight through.

A better selection, http://rswww.com/ which is RS Components

Category 5 In-Line Wiring Boxes , part code 340-9646
was used at work several times, other choices are

(joins bare cable ends, i.e. requires wiring )
RJ/RJ45 Couplers Unshielded/Shielded , 186-3149

RJ11/45 Extender , 186-3161

RJ11/RJ45 Couplers Straight Through and Crossed ,
Straight - 186-3048
Crossed - 186-3054

(joins plugs, no wiring)
RJ45 Couplers Category 5 Unshielded/Shielded
340-9624

Me

Alan

Brilliant.