Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Removing icons on left side of the folders

Re: Removing icons on left side of the folders

L Beck

Are you talking about the icons that show in the Folders list beside the
folder name, or the representative icons in the "Outlook Bar" (which shows
only icons, just like on the desktop)?

"Alex Vinokur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgo5oi$o1via$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> ===================
> Windows 2000 Microsoft
> Outlook Express 6
> ===================
>
> Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox, Outbox,

...., newsgroup names) ?

> Thanks,
> Alex Vinokur

Brian H供

L Beck said:

> Are you talking about the icons that show in the Folders list beside the
> folder name, or the representative icons in the "Outlook Bar" (which shows
> only icons, just like on the desktop)?

The question is perfectly clear.
"Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox, Outbox, ...,
newsgroup names) ?"

How many icons can you find on the toolbar for Inbox, Outbox & newsgroup names?

> "Alex Vinokur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bgo5oi$o1via$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> ===================
>> Windows 2000 Microsoft
>> Outlook Express 6
>> ===================
>>
>> Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox, Outbox,
>> ..., newsgroup names) ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex Vinokur

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CEOXa.5602$(E-Mail Removed)
> L Beck said:
>
>> Are you talking about the icons that show in the Folders list beside
>> the folder name, or the representative icons in the "Outlook Bar"
>> (which shows only icons, just like on the desktop)?
>>

> The question is perfectly clear.
> "Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox,
> Outbox, ..., newsgroup names) ?"
>
> How many icons can you find on the toolbar for Inbox, Outbox &
> newsgroup names?
>

>> "Alex Vinokur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:bgo5oi$o1via$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>>> ===================
>>> Windows 2000 Microsoft
>>> Outlook Express 6
>>> ===================
>>>
>>> Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox,
>>> Outbox, ..., newsgroup names) ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alex Vinokur

No one but you has mentioned the toolbar and you still haven't looked at the
Outlook Bar to see what everyone else is talking about. Personally I think
he's talking about the Folder List and I don't think there's a way to remove
those icons.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Brian H供

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP said:

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:CEOXa.5602$(E-Mail Removed)
>> L Beck said:
>>
>>> Are you talking about the icons that show in the Folders list beside
>>> the folder name, or the representative icons in the "Outlook Bar"
>>> (which shows only icons, just like on the desktop)?
>>>

>> The question is perfectly clear.
>> "Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox,
>> Outbox, ..., newsgroup names) ?"
>>
>> How many icons can you find on the toolbar for Inbox, Outbox &
>> newsgroup names?
>>

>>> "Alex Vinokur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:bgo5oi$o1via$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> No one but you has mentioned the toolbar and you still haven't looked at the
> Outlook Bar to see what everyone else is talking about. Personally I think
> he's talking about the Folder List and I don't think there's a way to remove
> those icons.

That is how I interpreted the question, as even in the Outlook Bar the newsgroup
names do not show there.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qmRXa.5736$(E-Mail Removed)
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP said:
>
>> No one but you has mentioned the toolbar and you still haven't
>> looked at the Outlook Bar to see what everyone else is talking
>> about. Personally I think he's talking about the Folder List and I
>> don't think there's a way to remove those icons.

> That is how I interpreted the question, as even in the Outlook Bar
> the newsgroup names do not show there.

They will if you put them there.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Alex Vinokur

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
[snip]
> No one but you has mentioned the toolbar and you still haven't looked at the
> Outlook Bar to see what everyone else is talking about. Personally I think
> he's talking about the Folder List and I don't think there's a way to remove
> those icons.

[snip]

You are right. I mean icons in the Folder List.
P.S. There is no problem to remove Outlook Bar in Outlook Express.

Thanks,
Alex Vinokur