Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how to get new newsgroups using Outlook Express

how to get new newsgroups using Outlook Express

Larry Smith

Hi,
I usually use Free Agent as my newsreader.
In it there's an option to "get new groups" which will add to the
existing groups available on my server.

Occ'ly I use OE 5 and can't seem to find how to do the same thing.
Is there somewhere in the program the option to add new newsgoups?

TIA

Larry Smith

"I only wear my glasses for two things:
To drive my car and to find it."
Woody Allen

Brian H供

Larry Smith said:

> Hi,
> I usually use Free Agent as my newsreader.
> In it there's an option to "get new groups" which will add to the
> existing groups available on my server.
>
> Occ'ly I use OE 5 and can't seem to find how to do the same thing.
> Is there somewhere in the program the option to add new newsgoups?
>
> TIA

Yes, Tools | Newsgroups.
<sigh>

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/

Robert de Brus

In news:tuNXa.5527$(E-Mail Removed),
Brian H供 <(E-Mail Removed)> typed
||| Hi,
||| I usually use Free Agent as my newsreader.
||| In it there's an option to "get new groups" which will add to the
||| existing groups available on my server.
||| Occ'ly I use OE 5 and can't seem to find how to do the same thing.
||| Is there somewhere in the program the option to add new newsgoups?
||| TIA
|| Yes, Tools | Newsgroups.
|| <sigh>

There you go again, making yourself feel superior.
<sigh>

---
Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.

CJ

Hi,

not what he asked! He wanted to know how to get NEW groups added to the news server.
See my reply.
CJ

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tuNXa.5527$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Larry Smith said:
>
> > Hi,
> > I usually use Free Agent as my newsreader.
> > In it there's an option to "get new groups" which will add to the
> > existing groups available on my server.
> >
> > Occ'ly I use OE 5 and can't seem to find how to do the same thing.
> > Is there somewhere in the program the option to add new newsgoups?
> >
> > TIA
> >

> Yes, Tools | Newsgroups.
> <sigh>
>
> --
> www.absey-vine.co.uk/
> www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/aaw6181.exe ver 6 build 181
> www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/reflist.ref 01R205 03.08.2003

Monsignor Larville Jones MD

"Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote:

>In news:tuNXa.5527$(E-Mail Removed),
>Brian H供 <(E-Mail Removed)> typed
>|| Yes, Tools | Newsgroups.
>|| <sigh>
>
>There you go again, making yourself feel superior.
><sigh>

Brain acting superior? *CHORTLE*

<sigh> ;o)

--