Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Video Card Problem

Video Card Problem

Jim McIntyre

I run a AMD Athlon 2000XP with 512 DDR Ram using Win Me. I have installed
the above card and the driver software won't work, e.g. wallpaper won't load
and games freeze.

I ununstalled all ATI Drivers and clean booted and tried to reinstall the
drivers again with only systray and explorer running - same result! The
shop where I bought the card tell me that Win Me sucks and there are no
problems with Win XP - typical excuse!

I then downloaded the latest drivers from ATI and followed their install
instructions to the letter - again same result!

Can anyone help or advise? I am seriously thinking of reinstalling my old
nVidia card!

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Eddie Grant

Jim McIntyre wrote:
> I run a AMD Athlon 2000XP with 512 DDR Ram using Win Me. I have
> installed the above card and the driver software won't work, e.g.
> wallpaper won't load and games freeze.

What above card?

> I ununstalled all ATI Drivers and clean booted and tried to reinstall
> the drivers again with only systray and explorer running - same
> result! The shop where I bought the card tell me that Win Me sucks
> and there are no problems with Win XP - typical excuse!
>
> I then downloaded the latest drivers from ATI and followed their
> install instructions to the letter - again same result!
>
> Can anyone help or advise? I am seriously thinking of reinstalling
> my old nVidia card!
>
> Many thanks in advance for any help!

Try formatting then clean installing with the ATi card in, that'll remove
all the old Nvidia stuff, then install it by ATi's instructions.