Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lotus Notes and Conexant modem ?

Lotus Notes and Conexant modem ?

Slodge

Hello

I have Lotus Notes installed on a laptop with a conexant mini-pci modem
installed.

The problem I am having is that I do not have the correct mdm file for the
modem and
so cannot get it to work properly.

The modem dials up to the Internet OK, it only has a problem in Lotus Notes

Please Help

Steve

Paul - xxx

Slodge tried to scribble ...

> Hello
>
> I have Lotus Notes installed on a laptop with a conexant mini-pci
> modem installed.
>
> The problem I am having is that I do not have the correct mdm file
> for the modem and
> so cannot get it to work properly.
>
> The modem dials up to the Internet OK, it only has a problem in Lotus
> Notes

I found Lotus Notes, when I used it, only had a set number of modems it
worked with, and therefore only a set number of modem drivers. I used a
Dell with a Dell PCMCIA card modem but it would only ever connect at 33k
using a 'basic' or 'standard' modem driver. We found that switching to a
USR (US Robotics) modem for everyone solved the problem.

Not much help, really, sorry ..

--
.............................Paul - xxx
http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

PJB

"Slodge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:58xXa.1753$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I have Lotus Notes installed on a laptop with a conexant

mini-pci modem
> installed.
>
> The problem I am having is that I do not have the correct

mdm file for the
> modem and
> so cannot get it to work properly.
>
> The modem dials up to the Internet OK, it only has a

problem in Lotus Notes

The problem was also present in Notes's predecessor,
CC:mail, use a generic modem driver, try different drivers
till you find one that works, and if possible, dump Notes
;-(
My company also uses it, and it sucks, big time

P.

jtw

Why are you letting Lotus Notes dial the modem? Connect to the
internet using your dial connection that already works. Then launch
lotus notes and connect to the server.

jtw

--

http://www.UsenetRocket.com