Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Please help me... uninstalling network adapter

Please help me... uninstalling network adapter

Helder

Hello all,

I have a laptop Toshiba with a network card.
Recently i subscribed for a ADSL connection and the
provider game me the ADSL USB Modem.

Here is the problem:
-I installed the modem correctly.
-When i try to connect i get Error 708
-I called the provider helpdesk they told me the problem
could be a conflict between my internal network adapter
and my new network adapter (modem adsl)
-In the Device Manager, under Network adapters i see both
network adapters and i Uninstalled my internal network card.
-After i reboot, windows xp automatically reinstall it without
questioning me if i want to install it or not.

How can i prevent XP to reinstall the network adapter without my order???

Thanks in advance,
Helder
Portugal

Unknown

Disable plug and play in BIOS.
"Helder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bglqif$pukek$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hello all,
>
> I have a laptop Toshiba with a network card.
> Recently i subscribed for a ADSL connection and the
> provider game me the ADSL USB Modem.
>
> Here is the problem:
> -I installed the modem correctly.
> -When i try to connect i get Error 708
> -I called the provider helpdesk they told me the problem
> could be a conflict between my internal network adapter
> and my new network adapter (modem adsl)
> -In the Device Manager, under Network adapters i see both
> network adapters and i Uninstalled my internal network card.
> -After i reboot, windows xp automatically reinstall it without
> questioning me if i want to install it or not.
>
> How can i prevent XP to reinstall the network adapter without my order???
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Helder
> Portugal

Helder

Disable plug and play in BIOS?

But the network adapter i want to uninstall is
a internal card.

The ADSL modem is plug and play (USB).

Doing that i will do the reverse of what i want to do ...no?

Turning off the internal card, allowing only the USB network adapter
to work.

Thanks for your reply

news:k%uXa.99$(E-Mail Removed) ...