Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express 6 -Folders

Outlook Express 6 -Folders

Michael Robarts

How do I stop my folders collapsing each time I close Outlook
Express...Please
Mike

Brian H¹©

Michael Robarts said:

> How do I stop my folders collapsing each time I close Outlook
> Express...Please
> Mike

Highlight your inbox before closing, or set to go to the inbox when starting.

longshotjohn7

Michael Robarts wrote:
> How do I stop my folders collapsing each time I close Outlook
> Express...Please
> Mike

Open Outlook Express
at the top where it says "Create Mail"
under those words "Create Mail" you will see--in the greyish area- the words
"Inbox"
click there
you will see the words push pin
click on that pin and your folders will stay on the menu every time you go
to OE6.
If you have plus signs by your folders, click the plus signs first before
you pish the pin.
Once the window is pinned you can size it to your needs with your mouse and
cursor.

--
longshotjohn 7

http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

Peter Johns

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:16:52 -0500, "longshotjohn7"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Michael Robarts wrote:
>> How do I stop my folders collapsing each time I close Outlook
>> Express...Please
>> Mike

>Open Outlook Express
>at the top where it says "Create Mail"
>under those words "Create Mail" you will see--in the greyish area- the words
>"Inbox"
>click there
>you will see the words push pin
>click on that pin and your folders will stay on the menu every time you go
>to OE6.
>If you have plus signs by your folders, click the plus signs first before
>you pish the pin.
>Once the window is pinned you can size it to your needs with your mouse and
>cursor.

Nothing like that on my OE v6.00.2800.1123

longshotjohn7

Peter Johns wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:16:52 -0500, "longshotjohn7"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Michael Robarts wrote:
>>> How do I stop my folders collapsing each time I close Outlook
>>> Express...Please
>>> Mike

>> Open Outlook Express
>> at the top where it says "Create Mail"
>> under those words "Create Mail" you will see--in the greyish area-
>> the words "Inbox"
>> click there
>> you will see the words push pin
>> click on that pin and your folders will stay on the menu every time
>> you go to OE6.
>> If you have plus signs by your folders, click the plus signs first
>> before you pish the pin.
>> Once the window is pinned you can size it to your needs with your
>> mouse and cursor.

> Nothing like that on my OE v6.00.2800.1123

It may say something else entirely in that grey area under "create mail".

By default it may say OUTLOOK EXPRESS, and if so then you have found it.
Right now mine says-in that area --the name of the group I am in. But the
pin can be located at that spot in OE6.

--
longshotjohn 7

http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

Peter Johns

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:10:08 -0500, "longshotjohn7"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Peter Johns wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:16:52 -0500, "longshotjohn7"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Open Outlook Express
>>> at the top where it says "Create Mail"
>>> under those words "Create Mail" you will see--in the greyish area-
>>> the words "Inbox"
>>> click there
>>> you will see the words push pin
>>> click on that pin and your folders will stay on the menu every time
>>> you go to OE6.
>>> If you have plus signs by your folders, click the plus signs first
>>> before you pish the pin.
>>> Once the window is pinned you can size it to your needs with your
>>> mouse and cursor.

>> Nothing like that on my OE v6.00.2800.1123

>It may say something else entirely in that grey area under "create mail".
>
>By default it may say OUTLOOK EXPRESS, and if so then you have found it.
>Right now mine says-in that area --the name of the group I am in. But the
>pin can be located at that spot in OE6.

Nope - definitely no pin!!

longshotjohn7

Peter Johns wrote:

> Nope - definitely no pin!!

http://www.by-users.co.uk/faqs/nontechfaq/oe/

Look at the screen shot in this sample. It may look like that. If so, you
will see "Inbox" in the grey area...under "new Mail" under that you will
see the word "folders". To its right you will see an "x". click that "x".
Then click whatever word is in the grey area..in this sample it is "inbox".
after clicking on the word "inbox" in this sample at this stage, you will
see "click push pin to keep open" or similar words. The pin is to the
right--ya can't miss it.

--
longshotjohn 7

http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

Peter Johns

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 03:26:22 -0500, "longshotjohn7"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Peter Johns wrote:
>> >

>> Nope - definitely no pin!!

>http://www.by-users.co.uk/faqs/nontechfaq/oe/
>
>Look at the screen shot in this sample. It may look like that. If so, you
>will see "Inbox" in the grey area...under "new Mail" under that you will
>see the word "folders". To its right you will see an "x". click that "x".
>Then click whatever word is in the grey area..in this sample it is "inbox".
>after clicking on the word "inbox" in this sample at this stage, you will
>see "click push pin to keep open" or similar words. The pin is to the
>right--ya can't miss it.

Thanks for your efforts in explaining. I found the pin after I shut
the folders list - it is only there when the folders list is NOT
there! I always had my folders list open and that is why I could not
find it.

Cheers ..........