Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > canon printer bjc 2000 prints nothing

canon printer bjc 2000 prints nothing

Music Guy

I recently got a second hand canon bjc 2000 printer. I've put in new
cartridges, downloaded and installed printer driver. When I try to print
something, it goes through the motions of printing - for example, the paper
goes through, and the print head moves, but the paper remains blank. I'm
pretty sure that the cartridges are securely in place. Does anyone have any
ideas what's wrong? Thanks. (btw, the system is an HP Pavillion 8665C
running Win98 SE).

Billh

These printers use two types of print heads. One is all black and "is" the
ink cartridge and print head in one. The other is for color and black ink
cartridges that go in to the printer head and the printer head does not get
changed everytime. I have seen these printer heads go bad so even putting
new ink in them will not make it print. Try and clean the head with water
and or getting a new head or large black ink.

"Music Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:k1jXa.83614$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently got a second hand canon bjc 2000 printer. I've put in new
> cartridges, downloaded and installed printer driver. When I try to print
> something, it goes through the motions of printing - for example, the

paper
> goes through, and the print head moves, but the paper remains blank. I'm
> pretty sure that the cartridges are securely in place. Does anyone have

any
> ideas what's wrong? Thanks. (btw, the system is an HP Pavillion 8665C
> running Win98 SE).

The Old Sourdough

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 01:54:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
at the following statement by Music Guy in message
news:k1jXa.83614$(E-Mail Removed)

> I recently got a second hand canon bjc 2000 printer. I've put in new
> cartridges, downloaded and installed printer driver. When I try to print
> something, it goes through the motions of printing - for example, the paper
> goes through, and the print head moves, but the paper remains blank. I'm
> pretty sure that the cartridges are securely in place. Does anyone have any
> ideas what's wrong? Thanks. (btw, the system is an HP Pavillion 8665C
> running Win98 SE).

You *did* remember to take the little piece of tape off the nozzles, didn't
you? (Sounds stupid, I know, but I've seen it happen more than once.)

--
The Old Sourdough
No of SETI units returned: 1907

Miggsee

"The Old Sourdough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93CCD8F0DE61DBcx25Yti54oP@216.166.71.230.. .
> On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 01:54:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind

boggled
> at the following statement by Music Guy in message
> news:k1jXa.83614$(E-Mail Removed)
>
> > I recently got a second hand canon bjc 2000 printer. I've put in new
> > cartridges, downloaded and installed printer driver. When I try to print
> > something, it goes through the motions of printing - for example, the

paper
> > goes through, and the print head moves, but the paper remains blank. I'm
> > pretty sure that the cartridges are securely in place. Does anyone have

any
> > ideas what's wrong? Thanks. (btw, the system is an HP Pavillion 8665C
> > running Win98 SE).
> >

> You *did* remember to take the little piece of tape off the nozzles,

didn't
> you? (Sounds stupid, I know, but I've seen it happen more than once.)

Yes, OS! Many of my users have called me for assistance...tape in place!
It's hard to be polite when they do such silly things!

Phineas P. Hornswaggle

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 01:54:24 GMT, "Music Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>I recently got a second hand canon bjc 2000 printer. I've put in new
>cartridges, downloaded and installed printer driver. When I try to print
>something, it goes through the motions of printing - for example, the paper
>goes through, and the print head moves, but the paper remains blank. I'm
>pretty sure that the cartridges are securely in place. Does anyone have any
>ideas what's wrong? Thanks. (btw, the system is an HP Pavillion 8665C
>running Win98 SE).

Did you clean the print head with distilled water and a Q-tip before
you installed the cartridges? Were there any pieces of tape on the
bottom of the cartridge before you installed them?

If this is the typical canon style printer with seperate ink tanks and
print heads then you will need to use distilled water and Q-tips to
clean the old dried ink out of the heads, if that doesn't work you may
need to replace the heads themselves. You may find it cheaper to buy a
new printer at that point.
--

Armed with that knowledge, I am well qualified to tell you that if you
have taken the time to research me, you have practicaly no life.