Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Yahoo messenger help needed

Yahoo messenger help needed

Clivey

I have 2 problems with yahoo messenger. Firstly when I try and open a chat
room in messenger, the window is minimized and stays in the lower bar and
can not be maximised and seen, I know the chat room has opened however as
people from the room send me private messages even though the chat window is
minimized. This still happens after installing messenger again.

Also, when I open my webcam in messenger, within 5 minutes my connection to
internet is disconnected each time. Without the cam I have no problems with
staying connected.

Any ideas to help me?

Cheers

Clive

Clivey

just downloaded version 5.6 and both problems still occur

thanks

clive

anthonyberet

Clivey wrote:
> I have 2 problems with yahoo messenger. Firstly when I try and open a
> chat room in messenger, the window is minimized and stays in the
> lower bar and can not be maximised and seen, I know the chat room has
> opened however as people from the room send me private messages even
> though the chat window is minimized. This still happens after
> installing messenger again.
>

> Also, when I open my webcam in messenger, within 5 minutes my
> connection to internet is disconnected each time. Without the cam I
> have no problems with staying connected.
>
> Any ideas to help me?

This is a stab in the dark, but you could try updating your webcam drivers.
bounce.
anthonyberet