Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Question on Newsgroup readers....???

Question on Newsgroup readers....???

Joe Peach

I sometimes use this group as a catch-all, only because I prefer the
comments & answers here.

What are your thoughts on a good or great newsgroup "Dedicated" reader....

I am very timid to change from my "security blanket" Outlook Express!

However, I am ready to embrace a "Better" way of managing & observing my
newsgroups (I subscribe to about 40, read 15 at least every day)!

Comments.....LOL......other then "Get a Life"...

Thanks as always,

Joe

Boomer

Joe Peach said:

> I sometimes use this group as a catch-all, only because I prefer the
> comments & answers here.
>
> What are your thoughts on a good or great newsgroup "Dedicated"
> reader....
>
> I am very timid to change from my "security blanket" Outlook
> Express!
>
> However, I am ready to embrace a "Better" way of managing &
> observing my newsgroups (I subscribe to about 40, read 15 at least
> every day)!
>
> Comments.....LOL......other then "Get a Life"...
>
> Thanks as always,
>
> Joe

Hi

Here's my favorite. Xnews

http://xnews.newsguy.com/

Great information at:
http://www.geocities.com/d4vidb/
http://www.seegras.de/xnews
http://www.slyck.com/xnews.html
http://abmefaq.net/XNews_Primer.html
http://xnews.newsguy.com/sizer/index.html
And at news.software.readers

°Mike°

Agent and Xnews are probably the two most popular alternative
clients for Windows.

Agent is *the* best offline reader. The free version has less features.
http://www.forteinc.com/

Xnews (free)
http://xnews.newsguy.com/

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 21:28:47 -0400, in
<3f2b13b8_2@newsfeed>
Joe Peach scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jim PKP

In article <3f2b13b8_2@newsfeed>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I sometimes use this group as a catch-all, only because I prefer the
> comments & answers here.
>
> What are your thoughts on a good or great newsgroup "Dedicated" reader....
>
> I am very timid to change from my "security blanket" Outlook Express!
>
> However, I am ready to embrace a "Better" way of managing & observing my
> newsgroups (I subscribe to about 40, read 15 at least every day)!

I like Gravity: http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/
Small and simple to use.

--
| (E-Mail Removed) |
<insert humourous quote here>

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Joe Peach wrote:

> I sometimes use this group as a catch-all, only because I prefer the
> comments & answers here.
>
> What are your thoughts on a good or great newsgroup "Dedicated" reader....
>
> I am very timid to change from my "security blanket" Outlook Express!
>
> However, I am ready to embrace a "Better" way of managing & observing my
> newsgroups (I subscribe to about 40, read 15 at least every day)!
>
> Comments.....LOL......other then "Get a Life"...
>
> Thanks as always,
>
> Joe

XNews for binaries, I like Mozilla for text groups, but that is just
personal preference.

jtw

Agent for text newsgroups.
NewsBin Pro for binaries.

jtw

--

http://www.UsenetRocket.com

Newsgroup question Trusty Firefox 4 10-28-2005 11:07 AM
Question about newsgroup options. fety Firefox 1 03-04-2005 04:48 AM
Thunderbird newsgroup question Paul Ryan Firefox 6 09-04-2004 07:55 PM
Newsgroup question Chris Firefox 1 11-24-2003 12:45 PM

Advertisments