Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > No sound windows xp

No sound windows xp

Joe

Hi,
I have a notebook BKi810. It used to have windows 98 but due to a virus
problem I got rid of it and a friend download windows xp into it. (note: I
do not have the disk!) Everything is working fine except I have no sound.
I had sound with windows 98. I tried going into control panel and then into
a few other areas but cannot figure out where or how to get sound. Any
ideas?
Thanks.
Steve

°Mike°

Of course, this is a legal copy *and* you visited Microsoft's hardware
compatibility page, correct?

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:11:54 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Joe scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Kilo The MagnifiKat

You need to go to download the drivers for the sound card from the maker of
the laptop. If XP did not detect it maybe it is not compatible.
Alternatively, if you know what type the sound card is , you can go to
driverguide.com and search for th eappropriate drivers.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have a notebook BKi810. It used to have windows 98 but due to a virus
> problem I got rid of it and a friend download windows xp into it. (note:

> do not have the disk!) Everything is working fine except I have no sound.
> I had sound with windows 98. I tried going into control panel and then

into
> a few other areas but cannot figure out where or how to get sound. Any
> ideas?
> Thanks.
> Steve

Scott1954 Scott1954 is offline