Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Control Panel Add Remove Software

Control Panel Add Remove Software

claude nine

With WinXP there were two entries on the Add Remove Software settings
for one program. - the second was denoted (1). I uninstalled the
program using the Add Remove feature, but the (1) lingers on. Is
there any way to get this off the list? Is that something that
TweakEI would handle?

trout

claude nine wrote:

> With WinXP there were two entries on the Add Remove Software settings
> for one program. - the second was denoted (1). I uninstalled the
> program using the Add Remove feature, but the (1) lingers on. Is
> there any way to get this off the list? Is that something that
> TweakEI would handle?

Are you positive that it is just an orphan entry, and not a second
installation?
If so, yes, removal of the name can be done with TweakUI.
--
"Note the spelling, if searching for your version of it."

claude nine

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:56:04 -0700, "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>claude nine wrote:
>
>> With WinXP there were two entries on the Add Remove Software settings
>> for one program. - the second was denoted (1). I uninstalled the
>> program using the Add Remove feature, but the (1) lingers on. Is
>> there any way to get this off the list? Is that something that
>> TweakEI would handle?

> Are you positive that it is just an orphan entry, and not a second
>installation?
> If so, yes, removal of the name can be done with TweakUI.

trout - thanks. It seems to be an orphan entry - I uninstalled the
original and deleted the files that were left. Is TweakUI different
from TweakEI?

claude nine

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 19:30:54 -0700, "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>claude nine wrote:

>>> Are you positive that it is just an orphan entry, and not a second
>>> installation?
>>> If so, yes, removal of the name can be done with TweakUI.

>> trout - thanks. It seems to be an orphan entry - I uninstalled the
>> original and deleted the files that were left. Is TweakUI different
>> from TweakEI?

> I've never heard of "TweakEI". Look here:
>http://www.webattack.com/get/tweakuixp.shtml

Sorry - twas TweakIE - but will try your suggestion.
Again - thanks

trout

claude nine wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 19:30:54 -0700, "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> claude nine wrote:

>>> trout - thanks. It seems to be an orphan entry - I uninstalled the
>>> original and deleted the files that were left. Is TweakUI
>>> different from TweakEI?

>> I've never heard of "TweakEI". Look here:
>> http://www.webattack.com/get/tweakuixp.shtml

> Sorry - twas TweakIE - but will try your suggestion.
> Again - thanks

Oh, might have known. Yes, as you may imagine, *that* program is for
tweaking Internet Explorer. UI's the one you want.
--
"I wasn't being deliberately dense. It comes naturally."