Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB freezes Serial Mouse, Help!

USB freezes Serial Mouse, Help!

Mac Lynch

Kia Ora
I am runnining Win98SE.
1. I plugged in a 2 port PCI USB V.1.1 card, my PC did not recognise it
2. I rebooted, entering Bios & Changed USB controller to Disabled OFF.
3. Booting continued & the USB card was recognised & various things seemed to
be loaded from C:/Win98.
4. The PC them rebooted, everything seemed to be OK, serial mouse was working,
until the White Background screen "Active Desktop Recovery" screen appeared.
5. The mouse froze.
6. Restarted a couple of time and loading each time froze at the same place.
7. Changed Bios to USB controller Disabled ON.
8. Mouse worked but USB not recognised.
9. Tried the ON OFF thing a couple of times, but mouse freezing occurred each
time USB controller Disabled OFF was invoked.
10. I think my mouse is IRQ 12 (PS/2)
Any help would be appreciated please.
Thanks Mac

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Mac Lynch continued:

> Kia Ora

I'll be your dog :-S
--
slumpy