Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: System Configuration utility

Re: System Configuration utility

Gary Danaher

Go to the system config utility, click the Startup tab which will give
you a list of everything starting up when the OS loads, and unclick some
or all and thenapply and close, then restart. Some of the names will be
obvious to you and you'll want to leave them alone, but the system isn't
going to fail if something isn't checked, it just won't start as quickly
if you want the item to run. The utility doesn't give you the option to
permanently delete anything, so everything will be there later. When you
restart the computer you'll get a message box telling you that something
isn't checked. Check the thanks for sharing box and go.