Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HELP: IE dusn't load websites anymore.

HELP: IE dusn't load websites anymore.

Jackal

Hi People,

Internet Explorer dusn't load any websites anymore. All settings are (as far
as i know) like they shoot be.
I dont have any virus, worm or other bad thing on my computer. I think it is
Internet Explorer itself. A few day ago i had to restart my computer a
couple of times, because Internet Explorer crashed. Reading email (Outlook)
or using a newsgroup, like i do now, isn't a problem. I guess that i maybe
shoot reinstall Internet Explorer, but i think that i gonna loose all my
settings from 'Outlook Express', my modem settings, etc. Can somebody give
me a little advice what to do here. Or what i can check before i re´nstall
IE. Hell, i dont even know for sure if it is IE that causes the problem.

Thx,
Jackal

Boomer

Jackal said:

> Hi People,
>
> Internet Explorer dusn't load any websites anymore. All settings are
> (as far as i know) like they shoot be.
> I dont have any virus, worm or other bad thing on my computer. I
> think it is Internet Explorer itself. A few day ago i had to restart
> my computer a couple of times, because Internet Explorer crashed.
> Reading email (Outlook) or using a newsgroup, like i do now, isn't a
> problem. I guess that i maybe shoot reinstall Internet Explorer, but
> i think that i gonna loose all my settings from 'Outlook Express',
> my modem settings, etc. Can somebody give me a little advice what to
> do here. Or what i can check before i re´nstall IE. Hell, i dont
> even know for sure if it is IE that causes the problem.
>
> Thx,
> Jackal

Error messages?
When do the crashes occur?

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

DC

Jackal wrote:

> Hi People,
>
> Internet Explorer dusn't load any websites anymore. All settings are (as
> far as i know) like they shoot be.
> I dont have any virus, worm or other bad thing on my computer. I think
> it is Internet Explorer itself. A few day ago i had to restart my
> computer a couple of times, because Internet Explorer crashed. Reading
> email (Outlook) or using a newsgroup, like i do now, isn't a problem. I
> guess that i maybe shoot reinstall Internet Explorer, but i think that i
> gonna loose all my settings from 'Outlook Express', my modem settings,
> etc. Can somebody give me a little advice what to do here. Or what i can
> check before i re´nstall IE. Hell, i dont even know for sure if it is IE
> that causes the problem.

In addition to providing details as to what (if any) error messages appear, you
might consider that your firewall might be preventing IE from connecting to the
web. Check your firewall settings.

--
DC

Lately, I've been reading about penile enlargement and I'm thinking to myself:
"Do we really need larger prisons?"

Jackal

This happend a few times. It crashed with no reason. Just while surfing the
internet. Pages wouldend load and after a while it gave me the message that
Internet Explorer was crashed. But now i aint be able to load any pages. If
you need more info on something, just ask.

Jackal ..

"Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:3f2a0cae$0$186$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> Jackal said:
>
> > Hi People,
> >
> > Internet Explorer dusn't load any websites anymore. All settings are
> > (as far as i know) like they shoot be.
> > I dont have any virus, worm or other bad thing on my computer. I
> > think it is Internet Explorer itself. A few day ago i had to restart
> > my computer a couple of times, because Internet Explorer crashed.
> > Reading email (Outlook) or using a newsgroup, like i do now, isn't a
> > problem. I guess that i maybe shoot reinstall Internet Explorer, but
> > i think that i gonna loose all my settings from 'Outlook Express',
> > my modem settings, etc. Can somebody give me a little advice what to
> > do here. Or what i can check before i re´nstall IE. Hell, i dont
> > even know for sure if it is IE that causes the problem.
> >
> > Thx,
> > Jackal

> Error messages?
> When do the crashes occur?
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Boomer

Jackal said:

> This happend a few times. It crashed with no reason. Just while
> surfing the internet. Pages wouldend load and after a while it gave
> me the message that Internet Explorer was crashed. But now i aint be
> able to load any pages. If you need more info on something, just
> ask.
>
> Jackal ..

Have you cleaned out your cache, history, temp and cookie files?
(Restart the computer first, then clean.)

Have you done a _thorough_ scan disk and then defrag lately?

Ran your antivirus program? Ad-aware? Any screen saver's running in the
background?
Find Fast enabled (MSOffice)? My Documents folder full?
Firewall? Norton products installed? Any newly installed programs?

Here's a few links than may help with cleaning up your HD
if you think that may be an issue.
http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/clean_hd.html
http://members.aol.com/mswebbie/space.htm
http://www.toejumper.net/maintain4/del4.htm

Hope these tips help.

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:3f2a0cae$0$186$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
>> Jackal said:
>>
>> > Hi People,
>> >
>> > Internet Explorer dusn't load any websites anymore. All settings
>> > are (as far as i know) like they shoot be.
>> > I dont have any virus, worm or other bad thing on my computer. I
>> > think it is Internet Explorer itself. A few day ago i had to
>> > restart my computer a couple of times, because Internet Explorer
>> > crashed. Reading email (Outlook) or using a newsgroup, like i do
>> > now, isn't a problem. I guess that i maybe shoot reinstall
>> > Internet Explorer, but i think that i gonna loose all my settings
>> > from 'Outlook Express', my modem settings, etc. Can somebody give
>> > me a little advice what to do here. Or what i can check before i
>> > re´nstall IE. Hell, i dont even know for sure if it is IE that
>> > causes the problem.
>> >
>> > Thx,
>> > Jackal

>> Error messages?
>> When do the crashes occur?
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

trout

Jackal wrote:

> Hi People,
>
> Internet Explorer dusn't load any websites anymore. All settings are
> (as far as i know) like they shoot be.
> I dont have any virus, worm or other bad thing on my computer. I
> think it is Internet Explorer itself. A few day ago i had to restart
> my computer a couple of times, because Internet Explorer crashed.
> Reading email (Outlook) or using a newsgroup, like i do now, isn't a
> problem. I guess that i maybe shoot reinstall Internet Explorer, but
> i think that i gonna loose all my settings from 'Outlook Express', my
> modem settings, etc. Can somebody give me a little advice what to do
> here. Or what i can check before i re´nstall IE. Hell, i dont even
> know for sure if it is IE that causes the problem.
>
> Thx,
> Jackal

What OS you using?
--
"Mildly surprised that no one has asked."

Jackal

I have XP(home) and no FireWall. So that cant be it. But u wonna know
something guys.
Internet Explorer loads the pages again. I did nothing to solve the problem
yet. But im afraid the problem comes back.
Any idea what this cab be?

Jackal

"trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:bgd3nt$no57d$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Jackal wrote:
>
> > Hi People,
> >
> > Internet Explorer dusn't load any websites anymore. All settings are
> > (as far as i know) like they shoot be.
> > I dont have any virus, worm or other bad thing on my computer. I
> > think it is Internet Explorer itself. A few day ago i had to restart
> > my computer a couple of times, because Internet Explorer crashed.
> > Reading email (Outlook) or using a newsgroup, like i do now, isn't a
> > problem. I guess that i maybe shoot reinstall Internet Explorer, but
> > i think that i gonna loose all my settings from 'Outlook Express', my
> > modem settings, etc. Can somebody give me a little advice what to do
> > here. Or what i can check before i re´nstall IE. Hell, i dont even
> > know for sure if it is IE that causes the problem.
> >
> > Thx,
> > Jackal

> What OS you using?
> --
> "Mildly surprised that no one has asked."

Kuniko Combs

Yes. It's called ****wittery.

> Jackal
>

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:bgd3nt$no57d$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Jackal wrote:
>>
>>> Hi People,
>>>
>>> Internet Explorer dusn't load any websites anymore. All settings are
>>> (as far as i know) like they shoot be.
>>> I dont have any virus, worm or other bad thing on my computer. I
>>> think it is Internet Explorer itself. A few day ago i had to restart
>>> my computer a couple of times, because Internet Explorer crashed.
>>> Reading email (Outlook) or using a newsgroup, like i do now, isn't a
>>> problem. I guess that i maybe shoot reinstall Internet Explorer, but
>>> i think that i gonna loose all my settings from 'Outlook Express',
>>> my modem settings, etc. Can somebody give me a little advice what
>>> to do here. Or what i can check before i re´nstall IE. Hell, i dont
>>> even know for sure if it is IE that causes the problem.
>>>
>>> Thx,
>>> Jackal

>> What OS you using?
>> --
>> "Mildly surprised that no one has asked."

Certain websites won't load using Cisco 1751-V doublea1535 Hardware 1 02-18-2010 10:20 AM
Some Websites dont load Andy Cisco 3 01-20-2009 06:38 PM
Firefox doesn't load Amazon websites properly Zygon Curry Firefox 8 08-01-2006 06:37 AM
Load Balancing / Load Sharing over parallel paths ciscortp@hotmail.com Cisco 1 11-21-2005 03:57 PM
some websites dont load properley? milo Computer Information 0 04-12-2004 07:55 AM

Advertisments