Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > can't find monitor driver - hp pavilion mx70

can't find monitor driver - hp pavilion mx70

tsr58

Several months back I reinstalled Windows (from XP to XP Pro) and
evidently wiped out a driver for my HP Pavilion mx70 monitor. I've
looked high and low... google, copernic agent, drivers.com, etc.,
and can't find a replacement driver to get the monitor working
right.

The display is okay, but without the driver I can't set the res to
anything but 640 x 480 pixels.

Any suggestions, or better yet e-mailing me a copy of the driver in
question, to tsr58 AT yahoo.com, would be much appreciated.

paul s

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 00:39:56 +0000, tsr58 wrote:

> Several months back I reinstalled Windows (from XP to XP Pro) and
> evidently wiped out a driver for my HP Pavilion mx70 monitor. I've looked
> high and low... google, copernic agent, drivers.com, etc., and can't find
> a replacement driver to get the monitor working right.
>
> The display is okay, but without the driver I can't set the res to
> anything but 640 x 480 pixels.
>
> Any suggestions, or better yet e-mailing me a copy of the driver in
> question, to tsr58 AT yahoo.com, would be much appreciated.

Monitors don't have drivers, graphic-cards do. Windows has a set of
monitor profiles for most common monitors. If you cant find your monitor
listed then look for a similar one or a generic profile which suits the
monitor, e.g. max res and refresh rates.

Are you sure you got your graphics-card drivers installed?

--
Paul S

- Careful! Ugly strikes 9 out of 10 people! -

Plato

tsr58 wrote:

> The display is okay, but without the driver I can't set the res to
> anything but 640 x 480 pixels.

Find out what video card you have and install the drivers. Check the
maker's webpage for you PC

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

John and Pat Ochenduszko

Agree about the video driver but look for the monitor driver here:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/documen...KHYEEDQEXGRMEO
SQ?reg=na&cc=us&docName=bph02073&lc=en&

Regards,
John O.