Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ECS P4VXASD2 with a GeForce FX 5200 won't boot, Anyone help ?

ECS P4VXASD2 with a GeForce FX 5200 won't boot, Anyone help ?

Steve

The boards been running fine since Feb, Just put a Geforce FX 5200 in
and at power on, nothing happen. The fans and drives spin up, but no
post and no video signal.

I've flashed to the newest bios ( 2020627), that's not helped.

Agp is set down to 1X

I've 2 of the cards, neither work in this mb, but both work in other
mb's (old abit BH6, no problems).

Boards been running a TNT 2 and Kyro 2.

Board runs fine if I switch back to the old card

Anyone cast any light ?

--
Steve

°Mike°

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:34:56 +0100, in
<At1pOYAQkSK$(E-Mail Removed)>
Steve scrawled:

>The boards been running fine since Feb, Just put a Geforce FX 5200 in
>and at power on, nothing happen. The fans and drives spin up, but no
>post and no video signal.
>
>I've flashed to the newest bios ( 2020627), that's not helped.
>
>Agp is set down to 1X
>
>I've 2 of the cards, neither work in this mb, but both work in other
>mb's (old abit BH6, no problems).
>
>Boards been running a TNT 2 and Kyro 2.
>
>Board runs fine if I switch back to the old card

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Doesn't that give you a BIG clue?

--
Basic computer maintenance

Steve

In message <pan.2003.07.31.22.35.55.157508@REMOVESPAMhotmail. comKILLER>,
paul s <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:34:56 +0100, Steve wrote:
>

>> The boards been running fine since Feb, Just put a Geforce FX 5200 in and
>> at power on, nothing happen. The fans and drives spin up, but no post and
>> no video signal.
>>
>> I've flashed to the newest bios ( 2020627), that's not helped.
>>
>> Agp is set down to 1X
>>
>> I've 2 of the cards, neither work in this mb, but both work in other mb's
>> (old abit BH6, no problems).
>>
>> Boards been running a TNT 2 and Kyro 2.
>>
>> Board runs fine if I switch back to the old card
>>
>> Anyone cast any light ?

>Yeh your new 'Geforce FX 5200' is ****ed.

AS I said above, 2 Geforce FX cards BOTH run fine in other systems...
--
Steve

Steve

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, °Mike°
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:34:56 +0100, in
> <At1pOYAQkSK$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Steve scrawled:
>

>>The boards been running fine since Feb, Just put a Geforce FX 5200 in
>>and at power on, nothing happen. The fans and drives spin up, but no
>>post and no video signal.
>>
>>I've flashed to the newest bios ( 2020627), that's not helped.
>>
>>Agp is set down to 1X
>>
>>I've 2 of the cards, neither work in this mb, but both work in other
>>mb's (old abit BH6, no problems).
>>
>>Boards been running a TNT 2 and Kyro 2.
>>
>>Board runs fine if I switch back to the old card

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Doesn't that give you a BIG clue?

Well, yes. The Geforce won't run in the board, but it the why I'm
really after and if there's a fix.
--
Steve

Jimchip

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:32:12 +0100, Steve wrote:

> Much as I'm enjoying these philosophic musings, I can help thinking
> that,
> 1. It's getting just a little OT for the ng.
> 2. It's not getting my son pc sorted out (which I think maybe a lost
> cause at this point).
>
> maybe I should try alt.pointless.rambling ?

You've been trading quips with a troll and did more than enough yourself
to add to the 'pointless.rambling'.

--
We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

Steve

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Jimchip
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:32:12 +0100, Steve wrote:
>>
>> Much as I'm enjoying these philosophic musings, I can help thinking
>> that,
>> 1. It's getting just a little OT for the ng.
>> 2. It's not getting my son pc sorted out (which I think maybe a lost
>> cause at this point).
>>
>> maybe I should try alt.pointless.rambling ?

>You've been trading quips with a troll and did more than enough yourself
>to add to the 'pointless.rambling'.

What can I say, slow day, computer in bit. pee'ed off at self for not
being able to fix the damn thing. It's not something I make a habit out
of.
--
Steve