Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Strange Explorer happenings

Strange Explorer happenings

Cuzman

Whenever I open up any newly created folder in My Documents or Explorer, I
get the stupid error box with Explorer having "...performed an illegal
operation and will be shut down". When I click the "Close" button, I then
get a box coming up which says "An error has occurred in Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer will now close. If you continue to experience problems,
please restart your computer". I never have IE open when any of this
happens. It has been going on for several days and many restarts now.

Any advice?

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Cuzman continued:

> Whenever I open up any newly created folder in My Documents or
> Explorer, I get the stupid error box with Explorer having
> "...performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". When I
> click the "Close" button, I then get a box coming up which says "An
> error has occurred in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will now
> close. If you continue to experience problems, please restart your
> computer". I never have IE open when any of this happens. It has
> been going on for several days and many restarts now.
>
> Any advice?

Add/remove programs, double click and repair IE.
--
slumpy
no more

Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD

IE6, you ****ing retard. Get back to your cups, SPANKARD#1...

--

"It's amazing I won. I was running against
peace, prosperity, and incumbency."