Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > send/receive Outlook Express

send/receive Outlook Express

paul.bennett

can anyone help with my trivial problem?
i use the latest version of Outlook with Windows XP. when i want use the
send/receive button i get a pane coming up saying "The requested task was
completed successfully" but it has done nothing. This also happens when
using newsgroups but the pane does not even stay onscreen. it just flashes
on for about 1/2 a second the goes without doing anything. My wife's uses it
as another user and her version contacts the server and does what it says it
will, ie sends and receives. i've gone through the setting to compare any
difference but cannot see any. it's not life or death but it's bloody
annoying. does anyone know a solution?

Paul

Geoff

I know it may be obvious, but are you sure there is anything to upload or
download. If there isn't, then it will only flash very briefly. Also check
again the "Read" tab under "Options" and make sure that the same boxes are
ticked or unticked the same as your wifes. Anyway, assuming that this isn't
the cause, try going to www.tomsterdam.com it is a website that specializes
in OE

Geoff.

news:bg84mf$qmd$(E-Mail Removed)...