Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > images,graphics missing off webpages

images,graphics missing off webpages

Shamah

Hello all

I have noticed that images, graphics etc are not appearing on my home
page and other web pages I am viewing, in some they do and in some its
just displays white page with text and the link still working. Can
anyone shed some light on why this is happening? and how I can resolve this.

Many Thanks
Shamah

Unk

From IE, click Tools, Internet Options or:
Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options
Click the "Advanced" tab, Scroll down to "Multimedia",
check "Show pictures", and uncheck "Show image download
placeholders". Click "apply", "OK"

Also click the "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the
"Delete Files" button, check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK".
After it finishes, click the "Settings" button and lower the amount of disk
space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will increase your hard
drive space by how much was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig.
Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files. Clear it weekly, or sooner,
especially if IE starts acting funny.

How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q263070

If that didn't fix it, then check here:

Images Are Not Displayed Properly in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q176945

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in Proper Format
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q260650

Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save
Image with Correct Extension
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q250747

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q223050

Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q181836

Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q283807

Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:21:56 +0100, Shamah <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hello all
>I have noticed that images, graphics etc are not appearing on my home
>page and other web pages I am viewing, in some they do and in some its
>just displays white page with text and the link still working. Can
>anyone shed some light on why this is happening? and how I can resolve this.
>
>Many Thanks
>Shamah

shamah

Hi Unk

Thank you very much for your help, I tried all of your suggestion but it
still wouldn't work, so I went to system restore, and restored it to
earlier time and that fixed my problem, still not sure what caused the
problem in the first place.

Kind Regards
Shamah

wrote:

>>Hello all
>>I have noticed that images, graphics etc are not appearing on my home
>>page and other web pages I am viewing, in some they do and in some its
>>just displays white page with text and the link still working. Can
>>anyone shed some light on why this is happening? and how I can

resolve this.

>>Many Thanks
>>Shamah

pproaflores pproaflores is offline
Junior Member
Location: San Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamah
Hello all

I have noticed that images, graphics etc are not appearing on my home
page and other web pages I am viewing, in some they do and in some its
just displays white page with text and the link still working. Can
anyone shed some light on why this is happening? and how I can resolve this.

Many Thanks
Shamah
Did you ever get a response to this issue? I'm having the same problem.

Patricia