Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > CD-rom open & immideately close question [W2K, SP6]

CD-rom open & immideately close question [W2K, SP6]

Peter

HI.
When cd-player is openend, it immediately closes again.
Can it only be a hardware problem? Or is there a
possible cause that i missed? (checked cabling etc. etc. the player itself
works fine).

PeTeR.

Peter

"Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:3f24d746$0$1680$(E-Mail Removed)4all .nl...
> HI.
> When cd-player is openend, it immediately closes again.
> Can it only be a hardware problem? Or is there a
> possible cause that i missed? (checked cabling etc. etc. the player itself
> works fine).
>
> PeTeR.

Anyone?

Patrick

Peter wrote:
> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:3f24d746$0$1680$(E-Mail Removed)4all .nl...
>> HI.
>> When cd-player is openend, it immediately closes again.
>> Can it only be a hardware problem? Or is there a
>> possible cause that i missed? (checked cabling etc. etc. the player
>> itself works fine).
>>
>> PeTeR.
>>

> Anyone?

I can make mine do that by pressing button twice quickly and letting it go.
Note: If I press and hold the button nothing happens until, I release it.
This would seem to have everyone stumped so far,