Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Ejecting CD from Tray - Unpredictable and Frustrating.

Re: Ejecting CD from Tray - Unpredictable and Frustrating.

Brian H

Gerry said:

> Can anyone help me please? Often my CD tray simply does not eject and I
> have to turn my computer off (with CD trapped inside). I then turn the
> computer on and I instantly press the eject button to get my CD out. It is
> so annoying having to do this. Any advice please. I have also tried right
> clicking eject whilst in Explorer and selecting the CD Drive - it also
> rarely works.
>
> Tia
>
> Gerry.

Can you see a tiny hole on the front of the cd drawer?
Get a paperclip and push it into that hole, that will release the lock and you
can open the drawer without having to shutdown and reboot.

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/