Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express permanently frozen

Outlook Express permanently frozen

wh

Outlook Express is frozen. So I have no email. Can anyone tell me how to
unfreeze it? A dead picture. Am fortunate in having Newsgroups. Has
anyone here had Outlook Express permanently frozen? and how did you solve
the problem? MS database is useless. Thanks wh

Brian H¹©

wh said:

> Outlook Express is frozen. So I have no email. Can anyone tell me how to
> unfreeze it? A dead picture. Am fortunate in having Newsgroups. Has
> anyone here had Outlook Express permanently frozen? and how did you solve
> the problem? MS database is useless. Thanks wh

When you say it's frozen, do you have a message in the bottom right corner
saying "checking mail"?
If so, it looks like you have an enormous e-mail trying to download, try logging
in on your ISP's home page and delete the offending e-mail.

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

Michael

In <news:huXUa.84745$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
wh said:

> Outlook Express is frozen. So I have no email. Can anyone tell me
> how to unfreeze it? A dead picture. Am fortunate in having
> Newsgroups. Has anyone here had Outlook Express permanently frozen?
> and how did you solve the problem? MS database is useless. Thanks
> wh

You used OE to post your message, so it's not "permanently frozen", and what
"a dead picture" means, I refuse to guess.

Maybe you'd get some help if you described what actually is going wrong, and
in what circumstance it happens...

((U))
"Asking for help is one thing. Insisting that
your helpers be psychic is quite another."