Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OLXP and usenet NG's

OLXP and usenet NG's

DaveG

How can I configure OLXP(6)to access NG's from any dial up ISP?

If I use the Tiscali or BT dial up ISP's I can't access the NG's I
subscribe to,this is obviously as Freeserve is my ISP and the NG's are
accessed via their servers(news.freeserve.com) but is there a way
around this in the configuration for a generic news server useable by
all ISP's???

--
ATB-DaveG

Mcploppy ©

DaveG Bashed at the keyboard and said:

> How can I configure OLXP(6)to access NG's from any dial up ISP?
>
> If I use the Tiscali or BT dial up ISP's I can't access the NG's I
> subscribe to,this is obviously as Freeserve is my ISP and the NG's are
> accessed via their servers(news.freeserve.com) but is there a way
> around this in the configuration for a generic news server useable by
> all ISP's???

You could sign up to news.individual.net www.news.individual.net
It's only a text service there are no binaries. It's fast, free, and I have
been using it for a few weeks now and have not come up with a problem yet.

HTH
--
Greg Crawford
{ Remove both MyShoes to email me}