Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Can't Get On Broadband :-(

Re: Can't Get On Broadband :-(

anthonyberet

Mark Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my first time using a news group so hope this works. Ok, well
> basically we've been on dial up for quite abit through Freeserve and
> so we decided to change to Broadband. All the stuff came and we
> plugged in the modem and it had it's red light which we thought would
> go after about 10 days but it's still here. Were not recieving any
> broadband. It's been reinstalled about three times by us. We called
> Freeserve and their tech support couldn't help and Freeserve are
> still charging the credit card for our account. The modem we have is
> a Copper Jet one and every time we go and connect it says it does not
> detect the modem even though the USB light is green, the phone line
> is plugged in and it is listed on the network adapters list.

What OS are you using?
In win98se I would go to "add or remove hardware" in the control panel,
delete the USB devices that the system shows and reboot with the USB modem
plugged in. This should prompt it to rediscover the USB device and start
asking about the setup disc etc.
bounce.
anthonyberet