Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What opens dot eml files?

What opens dot eml files?

Jim McLaughlin

I have several E mails from a trusted source that sends her stuff out
from AOL.

She has included an attachment with an extension of .eml (dot eml).

What opens these files?

--
Jim McLaughlin
I am getting really tired of spam, so the reply address is munged.

************************************************** *************************

Jim McLaughlin

Neither OE 6.0 nor Outlook open the files.

--
Jim McLaughlin
I am getting really tired of spam, so the reply address is munged.
Please don't just hit the reply key.
Remove the obvious from the address to reply.
Special treat for spambots:
(E-Mail Removed), (E-Mail Removed), (E-Mail Removed)

************************************************** *************************
"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfu8nm$i897i$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Jim McLaughlin wrote:
> > I have several E mails from a trusted source that sends her stuff out
> > from AOL.
> >
> > She has included an attachment with an extension of .eml (dot
> > eml).
> >
> > What opens these files?

> Outlook or outlook express.
> --
> Put "usenet" in the subject-line if you want to mail me, otherwise it will
> bounce.
> anthonyberet

anthonyberet

Jim McLaughlin wrote:
> Neither OE 6.0 nor Outlook open the files.

How are you trying to open them?
-Try saving the attachments on your desktop and openeing them from there
(you might have to right-click and choose "open-with" to change the file
association).
-Or you can open them from OE under File>open... , -or you can drag them
into OE or Outlook's inbox and they will open.
If not they might be corrupted.
You might be able to read them in Notepad if that is the case...
bounce.
anthonyberet

°Mike°

Re-register OE for .eml files. Start / Run ...

"c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe" /reg

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:20:37 GMT, in
<pTxUa.133953$GL4.34460@rwcrnsc53>
Jim McLaughlin scrawled:

>Neither OE 6.0 nor Outlook open the files.

--
Basic computer maintenance