Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Norton Ghost help

Norton Ghost help

ǵrle rh

I have 2002 and need/want to clone drives through my network. I've only been
able to create 2 successful tcp/ip network disks and the cloning worked
beautifully between the two machines but I have more.

I'm having a divide overflow with the start-up disk for my 3com 509b NIC and
then a subsequent boot hang. I'm also getting an "unable to bind" error with
my Netgear FA310TX NIC cards. This of course results in no TCP/IP function
in the Ghost GUI.

I have no reason to think the boot disks were created improperly -- I've
done it repeatedly -- they just won't work.

With the FA310TX, a null character appears on the boot screen so it's
apparent the driver installation is fudged in memory. The divide overflow is
an indication of the same with the 509b but there are no newer drivers for
these cards and Norton's Ghost lan management appears to not handle them
properly.

I've scoured Norton's online support and can find no help there with the
Ghost networking problems. I'm hoping on the off chance that someone here
could lend experience, help or discussion on this topic.

Thanks