Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > unable to connect to ISP from Student housing

unable to connect to ISP from Student housing

Joseph Cavanagh

I have just moved into student accommodation. to make voice calls I have to
pre dial **3# then a seven digit account number followed by# and then the no
to dial.

I tried prefixing my dial up no for onetel. net (can't now use bt anytime
because I must have BT line) but couldn't get it to work. Does anyone have
any experience of how to solve this please?

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Joseph Cavanagh continued:

> I have just moved into student accommodation. to make voice calls I
> have to pre dial **3# then a seven digit account number followed by#
> and then the no to dial.
>
> I tried prefixing my dial up no for onetel. net (can't now use bt
> anytime because I must have BT line) but couldn't get it to work.
> Does anyone have any experience of how to solve this please?

Ask Onetel.
--
slumpy
no more

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Doctor Monsignor Larville
Jones MD continued:

> "slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Joseph Cavanagh
>> continued:
>>
>>> I have just moved into student accommodation. to make voice calls I
>>> have to pre dial **3# then a seven digit account number followed by#
>>> and then the no to dial.
>>>
>>> I tried prefixing my dial up no for onetel. net (can't now use bt
>>> anytime because I must have BT line) but couldn't get it to work.
>>> Does anyone have any experience of how to solve this please?

>> Ask Onetel.

> Useless ****tard.

Don't recall him. Was he studying Astro-particle Mechanisms in Space ?
Or are you just a fool ?

Now let me see....hmmmm.

I think I know, but I'll let you post a crap response /just/ to confirm my
suspicions.
--
slumpy
no more

Pinears P HornSwaGGle

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 02:01:39 +0100, Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD
<(E-Mail Removed)> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed to
the world:

>"slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
>>threw back my head and roared with laughter as Doctor Monsignor Larville
>>Jones MD continued:

>>> Useless ****tard.

>>Don't recall him. Was he studying Astro-particle Mechanisms in Space ?
>>Or are you just a fool ?
>>
>>Now let me see....hmmmm.
>>
>>I think I know, but I'll let you post a crap response /just/ to confirm my
>>suspicions.

>How about "Thought you had me killfiled, ya lying prick"?
>
>Yeah - that'll do.

I see his kill file abilities are on par with bRAIN h.
Say! yuo don't suppose that they are both ....

THEM! do yah????//
LOLOLOLO!!111!!!

UseNet Rules #n:
No firm info at the present time is available on just what the other UseNet
Rules #n are. However, at a guess, they include:
--
Rule #nonumber: There are no hard-and-fast Rules on UseNet, only Guidelines,
which are more or less strictly enforced (and differ) from group to group;
this is why it's generally wise to read any group for a bit before ever
posting to it.
Rule #0: *There* *is* *no* *C*b*l*. There *is*, however, a net-wide
conspiracy designed solely to lead Dave Hayes (q.v.) to believe that there
is a C*b*l.
Corollary: *There* *are* *no* *pods*.
Rule #9: It's *always* September, *somewhere* on the Net.
Dave Fischer's Extension: 1993 was The Year September Never Ended [so far,
there doesn't seem to be much evidence he's wrong...]
Rule #17: Go not to UseNet for counsel, for they will say both `No' and
`Yes' and `Try another newsgroup'.
Rule #2 (John Gilmore): "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes
around it."
Rule #108 (from the soc.motss FAQ): "What will happen to me if I read
soc.motss?" "In general, nothing. (You may be informed or infuriated, of
course; but that's a standard Usenet hazard.)"
Rule #666: Old alt groups never die. They don't fade away nicely, either.
Rule #7-B: There is no topic so thoroughly covered that noone will ever
bring it up again.
Rule #90120: Applying your standards to someone else's post *will* result
in a flamewar.
Rule #1: Spellling and grammer counts. So do grace, wit, and a sense of
humor (the latter two are different), as well as a willingness to meet
odd people, but these are lesser considerations.
Rule #x^2: FAQs are asked frequently. Get used to them.
Rule #29: no rational discourse can happen in a thread cross-posted to
more than two newsgroups.
rule #6 (Eddie Saxe): don't post to misc.test unless you understand the
consequences.
Rule #547 (Arne Adolfsen): When people know they're wrong they resort to ad
hominems.
Rule #37 (Faisal Nameer Jawdat): Read the thread from the beginning, or else.
Rule #5 (Reimer's Reason): Nobody ever ignores what they should ignore on
Usenet.
Rule $19.99 (Brad `Squid' Shapcott): The Internet *isn't* *free*. It just has
an economy that makes no sense to capitalism.
Rule #3 ("Why 3?" "Because we felt like it"): For every opinion there is at
least one equally loud and opposing opinion; sometimes stated as:
Rule #27 (Gary Lewandowski): "In cyberspace, *everyone* can hear you scream."
And for completeness' sake:

Rule #4: (Godwin's Rule) Any off-topic mention of Hitler or Nazis will cause
the thread it is mentioned in to an irrelevant and off-topic end very soon;
every thread on UseNet has a constantly-increasing probability to contain
such a mention.
Quirk's Exception: Intentional invocation of this so-called "Nazi Clause" is
ineffectual.
Case's Corollary: If the subject is Heinlein or homosexuality, the
probability of a Hitler/Nazi comparison being made becomes equal to one.
- net.legends FAQ (<URL:http://www.uiuc.edu/
~tskirvin/faqs/legends.html>)
--
Copyright 1999, Tim Skirvin
<URL:http://www.uiuc.edu/~tskirvin/faqs/godwin.faq>

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Doctor Monsignor Larville
Jones MD continued:

>>> Useless ****tard.

>> Don't recall him. Was he studying Astro-particle Mechanisms in Space
>> ?
>> Or are you just a fool ?
>>
>> Now let me see....hmmmm.
>>
>> I think I know, but I'll let you post a crap response /just/ to
>> confirm my suspicions.

> How about "Thought you had me killfiled, ya lying prick"?

Yep, that was just as expected, and confirmed what I thought.
Find the post where I said I'd KF'd you and you win a donut.

> Yeah - that'll do.

If you can find it, smeghead.
--
slumpy