Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mouse pointer mayhem...

Mouse pointer mayhem...

Tin-Char D'un

Hi folks,
I know this is probably a really simple problem to solve but I'm gonna go
ahead and ask it anyways ~
My mouse pointer keeps reverting to the plain old default pointer style, no
matter what I change it to. It'll work for a little while but before you
know it... bam, changes back again. I'm using XP Pro, if that helps...
Dave.

--
The Jedi Code -
"There is no emotion; There is peace.

xman Charlie

Those mousies can be very tricky.

Try "Mouse Hunt" for example, they never did get that mouse...

my 2 cents

"Tin-Char D'un" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfsbak$uul$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi folks,
> I know this is probably a really simple problem to solve but I'm gonna go
> ahead and ask it anyways ~
> My mouse pointer keeps reverting to the plain old default pointer style,

no
> matter what I change it to. It'll work for a little while but before you
> know it... bam, changes back again. I'm using XP Pro, if that helps...
> Dave.
>
> --
> The Jedi Code -
> "There is no emotion; There is peace.
> There is no ignorance; There is knowledge
> There is no passion; There is serenity.
> There is no death; There is the Force."

trout

Tin-Char D'un wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I know this is probably a really simple problem to solve but I'm
> gonna go ahead and ask it anyways ~
> My mouse pointer keeps reverting to the plain old default pointer
> style, no matter what I change it to. It'll work for a little while
> but before you know it... bam, changes back again. I'm using XP Pro,
> if that helps... Dave.

Don't know how it works in XP; but in the 98SE Control Panel, if I
make a change to the cursor, I save the new settings 'there' (under
Keyboard) as a 'scheme', and then go to "Desktop Themes" to save the
whole business, together. At least, it's a quick recovery, if things
*do* go wonky.
--
"If this is any use at all."

Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD

"xman Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Those mousies can be very tricky.
>
>Try "Mouse Hunt" for example, they never did get that mouse...
>
>my 2 cents

That was never two cents worth. It was 'non-cents'.

>"Tin-Char D'un" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bfsbak$uul$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi folks,
>> I know this is probably a really simple problem to solve but I'm gonna go
>> ahead and ask it anyways ~
>> My mouse pointer keeps reverting to the plain old default pointer style,

>no
>> matter what I change it to. It'll work for a little while but before you
>> know it... bam, changes back again. I'm using XP Pro, if that helps...
>> Dave.
>>
>> --
>> The Jedi Code -
>> "There is no emotion; There is peace.
>> There is no ignorance; There is knowledge
>> There is no passion; There is serenity.
>> There is no death; There is the Force."

zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

- Panama!"

- Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD

"Tin-Char D'un" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "xman Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Those mousies can be very tricky.
>> >
>> >Try "Mouse Hunt" for example, they never did get that mouse...
>> >
>> >my 2 cents

>> That was never two cents worth. It was 'non-cents'.
>>

>> >"Tin-Char D'un" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:bfsbak$uul$(E-Mail Removed)...

>go

>style,
>> >no

>you

>> --
>> zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
>> Certified Word Police Officer - Details Detail
>> http://www.geocities.com/spamresources/spambots.htm
>> http://www.drcnet.org/ http://www.abovegod.com/
>> NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...
>>
>> "A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs,
>> a coloratura, maps, snipe, percale, macaroni,
>> a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag
>> again (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut,
>> a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal
>> - Panama!"
>>
>> - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

>Weeeeell, a productive post as usual... Now, where to seek a smartass remark
>next time... Hmmm... I wonder.
> Oh, and by the way Mr. Rubin ~ there ARE Jedi, they hust hide from the
>likes of you... Must be the smell or something. *g*

You made a boo-boo. I are not Rubin.

--

"It's amazing I won. I was running against
peace, prosperity, and incumbency."

Tin-Char D'un

"Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Tin-Char D'un" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> That was never two cents worth. It was 'non-cents'.

gonna
> >go

> >style,

> >you

helps...

> >> --
> >> zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
> >> Certified Word Police Officer - Details Detail
> >> http://www.geocities.com/spamresources/spambots.htm
> >> http://www.drcnet.org/ http://www.abovegod.com/
> >> NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...
> >>
> >> "A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs,
> >> a coloratura, maps, snipe, percale, macaroni,
> >> a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag
> >> again (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut,
> >> a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal
> >> - Panama!"
> >>
> >> - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

> >Weeeeell, a productive post as usual... Now, where to seek a smartass

remark
> >next time... Hmmm... I wonder.
> > Oh, and by the way Mr. Rubin ~ there ARE Jedi, they hust hide from

the
> >likes of you... Must be the smell or something. *g*
> >

> You made a boo-boo. I are not Rubin.
>
> --
>
> "It's amazing I won. I was running against
> peace, prosperity, and incumbency."
> - Dubya Bush, June 14 2001, unaware that live
> television cameras were still rolling.

I know that... it just saved time adressing both of you in the same post
rather than posting twice. Okay?