Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Volume

Volume

Rob

Can Ne one help me?

I have discovered that my volume on my laptop is really low when playing
music but dont know y???

I have the volume on the laptop turned up to max and the volume on the
player (windows media) turned to full as well!!!!

Why is it so low and how can I fix it????

--

Thanks in Advance

---

Rob

Graphic Designer - Dreamsite Web Media

http://www.dreamsite.co.uk

Brian H

Rob said:

> Can Ne one help me?
>
> I have discovered that my volume on my laptop is really low when playing
> music but dont know y???
>
> I have the volume on the laptop turned up to max and the volume on the
> player (windows media) turned to full as well!!!!
>
> Why is it so low and how can I fix it????

Have you looked at the levels of the Windows volume control?

Rob

Yep I have and they are full too!!!

Any Ideas??

"Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MThUa.1887$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rob said:
>
> > Can Ne one help me?
> >
> > I have discovered that my volume on my laptop is really low when playing
> > music but dont know y???
> >
> > I have the volume on the laptop turned up to max and the volume on the
> > player (windows media) turned to full as well!!!!
> >
> > Why is it so low and how can I fix it????

> Have you looked at the levels of the Windows volume control?

paul s

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:07:41 +0100, Rob wrote:

> Can Ne one help me?
>
> I have discovered that my volume on my laptop is really low when playing
> music but dont know y???
>
> I have the volume on the laptop turned up to max and the volume on the
> player (windows media) turned to full as well!!!!
>
> Why is it so low and how can I fix it????

Because laptops have tiny little speakers, and a puny little amplifier to
drive them. You want decent sound out of it, get some amplified speakers
for it.

--
Paul S

Rob

U have a good point there but it hads worked alot louder than this b4 and
its **** now!!!!!

"paul s" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) nvalid...
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:07:41 +0100, Rob wrote:
>
> > Can Ne one help me?
> >
> > I have discovered that my volume on my laptop is really low when playing
> > music but dont know y???
> >
> > I have the volume on the laptop turned up to max and the volume on the
> > player (windows media) turned to full as well!!!!
> >
> > Why is it so low and how can I fix it????

> Because laptops have tiny little speakers, and a puny little amplifier to
> drive them. You want decent sound out of it, get some amplified speakers
> for it.
>
> --
> Paul S

paul s

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:29:39 +0100, Rob wrote:

> U have a good point there but it hads worked alot louder than this b4 and
> its **** now!!!!!

Could be a fault in the laptop then. Is it under warranty?

--
Paul S

BIG NIGE

I assume that you have DOUBLE clicked on your volume control and increased
the WAVE setting and not just SINGLE clicked and altered just the MASTER
volume.

Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfs9ne$fvu$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can Ne one help me?
>
> I have discovered that my volume on my laptop is really low when playing
> music but dont know y???
>
> I have the volume on the laptop turned up to max and the volume on the
> player (windows media) turned to full as well!!!!
>
> Why is it so low and how can I fix it????
>

> --
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> ---
>
> Rob