Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to use SPDIF audio?

How to use SPDIF audio?

Slamadatan

My new mobo has two square plastic SPDIF audio outputs, but I've never seen
a corresponding input to connect speakers or inputs?

What cables, speakers or peripherals do I need to utilize these ports?

DaveG

"Slamadatan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f213fa9$0$23610$(E-Mail Removed). au...
> My new mobo has two square plastic SPDIF audio outputs, but I've

never seen
> a corresponding input to connect speakers or inputs?
>
> What cables, speakers or peripherals do I need to utilize these

ports?

http://tinyurl.com/i1hm

You could do things like send the DVD player surround sound to a
surround sound amp or hook up a CD player via these optical ports.
Interesting stuff like that.

ATB-DG.

yugsdrawkcab

geek wrote:

> It might help to let people know what make of sound card you have or if it
> is integrated on the motherboard what its equivalent is. What you just did
> is the equivalent of say my vehicle won't run, without give the particulars
> on the vehicle.

Hey stupid, SPDIF is a standard. IE: It doesn't matter what kind of
sound card it is. If you don't know what you're talking about then don't
open your yap.

Slamadatan

"geek" <rbush490@no_spam.com> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Slamadatan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f213fa9$0$23610$(E-Mail Removed). au...
> > My new mobo has two square plastic SPDIF audio outputs, but I've never

> seen
> > a corresponding input to connect speakers or inputs?
> >
> > What cables, speakers or peripherals do I need to utilize these ports?
> >

> It might help to let people know what make of sound card you have or if it
> is integrated on the motherboard what its equivalent is. What you just

did
> is the equivalent of say my vehicle won't run, without give the

particulars
> on the vehicle.

Sorry, sounds like I'm asking in the wrong place.

Suspect you know even less about the subject than I do...

DaveG

"Slamadatan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f213fa9$0$23610$(E-Mail Removed). au...
> My new mobo has two square plastic SPDIF audio outputs, but I've

never seen
> a corresponding input to connect speakers or inputs?
>
> What cables, speakers or peripherals do I need to utilize these

ports?

Cables-lightpipe,fibre optic,SPDIF cables.
Speakers-see various surround sound setups.
Peripherals-from a plethora of AV hardware,as mentioned SS Amp,(home
cinema setup),SACD players,MP3 players,DVD players,digital tuners,a
second PC(laptop) and soundcard with SPDIF connections(A/D converters)
and so on..........

ATB-DG.

geek

"yugsdrawkcab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:muhUa.542911$(E-Mail Removed). ca...

> geek wrote:
>

> > It might help to let people know what make of sound card you have or if

it
> > is integrated on the motherboard what its equivalent is. What you just

did
> > is the equivalent of say my vehicle won't run, without give the

particulars
> > on the vehicle.
> >

> Hey stupid, SPDIF is a standard. IE: It doesn't matter what kind of
> sound card it is. If you don't know what you're talking about then don't
> open your yap.

Evidently you didn't know either becuase if you did, you would have answerd
the fellows question, just name calling that is all you could come up with..

First question:
Why don't you help the uninformed, instead of name calling? You are the
type, that would make fun of the disabled, crippled and handicapped (because
in the provinces that is all white Canadians can do to pass time on those
long winter nights is make fun of handicapped, crippled and disabled Native
Americans and seem so much superior to their native cousins) and the under
educated in acronyms. Me thinks the only one here that has a problem, is
the one doing the name calling. What does SPDIF stand for anyway? Standard
Pull Dick In Fingers, perhaps, because I think that is about your mentality.
SPDIF: "Sony/Philips - Digital Interface Format (audio, Sony, Philips),
"S/P-DIF"", see how simple that was?

Second question:
Why didn't you help the fellow? Instead of calling anyone stupid (actually
it is three questions but I don't think you can count that high, most
juveniles can't coming out of Shaw, Manitoba,Canada today, much less the US
schools, but then I am from a different generation)?

Did you notice that I didn't call you stupid (I know, that is another
question for you)?

Another thing, I have forgotten more then you will ever remember about
computers.

Am I native american? You bet cha, 1/4. I've been to the Province of
Ontario and other Provinces and visited enough reservations to know how the
Canadian whites treat their native cousins.

---

trout

geek wrote:

> "yugsdrawkcab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:muhUa.542911$(E-Mail Removed). ca...
>>
>> geek wrote:
>>

>>> It might help to let people know what make of sound card you have
>>> or if it is integrated on the motherboard what its equivalent is.
>>> What you just did is the equivalent of say my vehicle won't run,
>>> without give the particulars on the vehicle.
>>>

>> Hey stupid, SPDIF is a standard. IE: It doesn't matter what kind of
>> sound card it is. If you don't know what you're talking about then
>> don't open your yap.

> Evidently you didn't know either becuase if you did, you would have
> answerd the fellows question, just name calling that is all you could
> come up with..
>
> First question:
> Why don't you help the uninformed, instead of name calling? You are
> the type, that would make fun of the disabled, crippled and
> handicapped (because in the provinces that is all white Canadians can
> do

So; he'a asshole troll, and you're a racist asshole.
--
"**** you both."

geek

news:bfth2j$iutnq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> geek wrote:
>
> > "yugsdrawkcab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:muhUa.542911$(E-Mail Removed). ca...

SNIP

> So; he'a asshole troll, and you're a racist asshole.
> --
> "**** you both."

Talk about racism? Look at what the Germans did to the Jews, simply because
of a religion! Dare you to say something like that to the foreigners in
your country (certain political sects in Germany, have been quite vocal
about race, isn't that racism, in fact isn't it a Nazi group and I thought
they were outlawed) today? So when you can come clean on the racist bit
then, you can say something on the racism. As far as I am concerned about
how you feel about racism, unless you have experienced it you have no idea
and no say in it. Racism is everywhere, it doesn't mean that it isn't going
to pop-up its ugly head from time to time, but on the other hand, when you
know you have a problem with bigotry that is when a person can do something
about it. I could never understand why Germans want to imitate cowboys and
Indians, they actually have clubs over there that do just that! Not too
many Germans want to be Indians. That would be about like Americans wanting
to play Nazi and Jews (before you say anything about racism, you brought it
up not me). Besides I can say anything in defense of the native American
because I am of quarter quantum blood (French Canadian/Native American, both
paternal and maternal). Understood? (I am going to do this phonetically,
but I am sure you will understand; fer stain)

P.S.
I stand corrected, Calgary is in the province of Alberta. Shaw is the cable
system the guy is working from.

---

trout

geek wrote:

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bfth2j$iutnq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> geek wrote:
>>
>>> "yugsdrawkcab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:muhUa.542911$(E-Mail Removed). ca...

> SNIP
>
>> So; he'a asshole troll, and you're a racist asshole.
>> --
>> "**** you both."
>>

> Talk about racism?

<snip>

"in the provinces that is all white Canadians can do to pass time on
those
long winter nights is... "
Making generalities on the basis of race is racism. It doesn't
matter what the **** *you* are.
You were upset by someone's remarks and made a blanket (and uncalled
for) insult.
--
"And now, you're just raving like a loon."

Jimchip

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 02:19:18 -0700, trout wrote:
> geek wrote:
>
>> "yugsdrawkcab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:muhUa.542911$(E-Mail Removed). ca...

>>> Hey stupid, SPDIF is a standard. IE: It doesn't matter what kind of
>>> sound card it is. If you don't know what you're talking about then
>>> don't open your yap.

>> Evidently you didn't know either becuase if you did, you would have
>> answerd the fellows question, just name calling that is all you could
>> come up with..
>>
>> First question:
>> Why don't you help the uninformed, instead of name calling? You are
>> the type, that would make fun of the disabled, crippled and
>> handicapped (because in the provinces that is all white Canadians can
>> do

> So; he'a asshole troll, and you're a racist asshole.

troll slurps troll. They'll make friends soon.

--
We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

SPDIF receiver aravind VHDL 2 11-07-2006 06:27 PM
SPDIF receiver aravind VHDL 0 10-31-2006 05:03 PM
Dolby Digital sound from DVD via SPDIF Rich Wilson Computer Support 7 01-25-2006 07:38 AM
Cannot use the profile "default" because it is in use, not. please.post@yur.re.ply Firefox 1 07-04-2004 03:41 AM
spdif in/out Phil B Computer Support 1 05-13-2004 08:08 PM

Advertisments