Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dial-Up Connection Icon in System Tray & Messenger

Dial-Up Connection Icon in System Tray & Messenger

Gunjani

I just noticed that the icon (two little monitors) representing my Dial-
Up connection status is in a different colour to usual. The two little
monitors are usually flashing Navy Blue, but right now it's alternating
between Light Blue (TURQUOISE) TO Black. Does anyone know why?

I assume the above anomaly has something to do with why my microphone
does not work in Messenger. I did shutdown ZoneAlarm because my mic
never works when it is running.

--
Many Thanks

Gunjani
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to
make
an exception.
-- Groucho Marx

Brian H¹©

Gunjani said:

> I just noticed that the icon (two little monitors) representing my Dial-
> Up connection status is in a different colour to usual. The two little
> monitors are usually flashing Navy Blue, but right now it's alternating
> between Light Blue (TURQUOISE) TO Black. Does anyone know why?

Get TweakUI and use the "Rebuild Icons" option under "Repair", see if that cures
the problem..

> I assume the above anomaly has something to do with why my microphone
> does not work in Messenger. I did shutdown ZoneAlarm because my mic
> never works when it is running.

Have you ever gone through the "Audio Tuning Wizard" under "Tools"?

°Mike°

<Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>

Boot into Safe Mode and back into Normal Mode. Your icon
cache will be removed and a new one created.

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:20:58 +0000 (UTC), in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Gunjani scrawled:

>I just noticed that the icon (two little monitors) representing my Dial-
>Up connection status is in a different colour to usual. The two little
>monitors are usually flashing Navy Blue, but right now it's alternating
>between Light Blue (TURQUOISE) TO Black. Does anyone know why?
>
>I assume the above anomaly has something to do with why my microphone
>does not work in Messenger. I did shutdown ZoneAlarm because my mic
>never works when it is running.

--
Basic computer maintenance