Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: So why is everyone showing up in 'my replies'?

Re: So why is everyone showing up in 'my replies'?

Juan Pérez

Michael wrote:
> Jim said:
>
> > Rifleman, *Mike* and now everyone else...everyone wants to be like

me.
> > I went to view>current view and it's set to "my replies" alright.

But
> > it aint workin! This ever happen to others?

> What you're seeing is other people's replies to your messages.
>
> That's what that setting's for.
>

> In later versions of OE that view option's been renamed to "Show

Replies to
> My Messages"

Nope, that wording also appears in OE5.

>to avoid confusion.
>
> ((U))

Tact, n.:
The unsaid part of what you're thinking.
--tu, mr. z

Jim

Sorry, should have made it more clear. Here's an example. Same
setting. The subject is "I want to replace OE6" I haven't even posted
in this thread yet. But it's still showing up under "my replies" Is my
OE damaged? This is OE 5.5 by the way. Thanks all who can assist.

Juan Pérez <juan234@.5678spaz.spa> wrote in message
news:QmHTa.19017$(E-Mail Removed) thlink.net...

> Michael wrote:
> > Jim said:
> >
> > > Rifleman, *Mike* and now everyone else...everyone wants to be like

> me.
> > > I went to view>current view and it's set to "my replies" alright.

> But
> > > it aint workin! This ever happen to others?

> > What you're seeing is other people's replies to your messages.
> >
> > That's what that setting's for.
> >

> > In later versions of OE that view option's been renamed to "Show

> Replies to
> > My Messages"

> Nope, that wording also appears in OE5.
>
> >to avoid confusion.
> >
> > ((U))

> Tact, n.:
> The unsaid part of what you're thinking.
> --tu, mr. z

rifleman

Jim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Sorry, should have made it more clear. Here's an example. Same
> setting. The subject is "I want to replace OE6" I haven't even
> posted in this thread yet. But it's still showing up under "my
> replies" Is my OE damaged? This is OE 5.5 by the way. Thanks all
> who can assist.
>
> Juan Pérez <juan234@.5678spaz.spa> wrote in message
> news:QmHTa.19017$(E-Mail Removed) thlink.net...
>>
>> Michael wrote:

>>> What you're seeing is other people's replies to your messages.
>>>
>>> That's what that setting's for.
>>>

>>> In later versions of OE that view option's been renamed to "Show
>>> Replies to My Messages"

>> Nope, that wording also appears in OE5.
>>
>>> to avoid confusion.
>>>
>>> ((U))
>>> M

>> --
>> Tact, n.:
>> The unsaid part of what you're thinking.
>> --tu, mr. z

It's because everyone is using http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) as their email address! I've
just changed mine to (E-Mail Removed) for that very reason. (Although if
you use Gravity, then the same effect does NOT happen!)

--
(I may be wrong...I usually am....)
Google is your Friend

Michael

In <news:bfp3da$h7nik$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
Jim said:

> Sorry, should have made it more clear. Here's an example. Same
> setting. The subject is "I want to replace OE6" I haven't even
> posted in this thread yet. But it's still showing up under "my
> replies" Is my OE damaged? This is OE 5.5 by the way. Thanks all
> who can assist.

Ahhhhhh....

No, your OE is not damaged (at least not more than normally).

What the "Show replies to my messages" view will do is highlight *your*
messages, so you can see the threads in which you've participated... and
all replies to your own messages will be grouped below them.

It will still display all the threads.

((U))

> Juan Pérez <juan234@.5678spaz.spa> wrote in message
> news:QmHTa.19017$(E-Mail Removed) thlink.net...
>>
>> Michael wrote:

>>> What you're seeing is other people's replies to your messages.
>>>
>>> That's what that setting's for.
>>>

>>> In later versions of OE that view option's been renamed to "Show
>>> Replies to My Messages"

>> Nope, that wording also appears in OE5.
>>
>>> to avoid confusion.
>>>
>>> ((U))
>>> M

>> --
>> Tact, n.:
>> The unsaid part of what you're thinking.
>> --tu, mr. z

Jim

Well, that explains it. I'm glad at least my OE isn't broken!
rifleman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfp4cv$ccl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Sorry, should have made it more clear. Here's an example. Same
> > setting. The subject is "I want to replace OE6" I haven't even
> > posted in this thread yet. But it's still showing up under "my
> > replies" Is my OE damaged? This is OE 5.5 by the way. Thanks all
> > who can assist.
> >
> > Juan Pérez <juan234@.5678spaz.spa> wrote in message
> > news:QmHTa.19017$(E-Mail Removed) thlink.net...

like

> >> Nope, that wording also appears in OE5.

> >> --
> >> Tact, n.:
> >> The unsaid part of what you're thinking.
> >> --tu, mr. z

> It's because everyone is using (E-Mail Removed) as their email address!

I've
> just changed mine to (E-Mail Removed) for that very reason.

(Although if
> you use Gravity, then the same effect does NOT happen!)
>
> --
> (I may be wrong...I usually am....)
> Google is your Friend
> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

trout

rifleman wrote:
<snip>

> It's because everyone is using (E-Mail Removed) as their email address!
> I've just changed mine to (E-Mail Removed) for that very reason.
> (Although if you use Gravity, then the same effect does NOT happen!)

Ah; I should have noticed that. However, I should point out that
Privacy.net has set aside that range of addresses for a very specific
purpose. Only that form of the address, with "me(number from 0 to
9)@privacy.net" going to an auto-responder.
Using any other form will just attract junk mail to a valid domain,
and should be avoided like any other.
Just do a quick search of the group; there are many of the numbers
that are rarely (if ever) used.
--
"FYI."