Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Message Delay

Message Delay

Juan Pérez

Joan & Larry Tarbell wrote:
> I just tried message..receive all option--it says it is on message 18

out of
> 53 and it just gets hung there..
> can I delete message 18 from input queue???
>
> help and thanks!

You will have to contact your ISP for help. My guess is that you will
have a lot of spam when the messages come through, if they indeed do get
there. Your ISP may have to delete something from the server in order to
break up the bottleneck.
--
Tact, n.:
The unsaid part of what you're thinking.

John Seeliger

"Joan & Larry Tarbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfnebh$45b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just tried message..receive all option--it says it is on message 18 out

of
> 53 and it just gets hung there..
> can I delete message 18 from input queue???
>
> help and thanks!

I assume your POP3 (Post Office Protocol, as in Outlook Express, etc.)
account is on erols.com because of your email address. Going to

http://www.erols.com/,

RCN Internet Services, there is a link for "Frequently Asked Questions"

http://www.rcn.com/customer/index.php.

At the top is a link for "WebMail". Clicking it gives you:

https://webmail.rcn.com/

which asks for User Name and Password. Presumably, if you log in here, you
can read and delete any messages, including the offending one. Try logging
in, deleting all spam and seeing if you can then download onto your computer
using your email client. If not, move a few messages to another folder
besides Inbox on your Webmail account (it will likely let you do so) maybe
one at a time and each time try download. Or another idea is forward them
to another account of yours. Say yahoo or hotmail. You can also download
using from a POP3 on Yahoo or hotmail but you would have to configure them
to delete messages from your pop3 server afterward.

I would start off with just logging on using Webmail and deleteing spam,
etc. and see if that works. I had to log on to joimail's web server
recently to delete an offending email and that fixed the problem.

HTH

pcbutts1

Hi
Could you please adjust your Time Zone settings?
You are posting in the future.Please follow the advice below. Don't just
look at your clock then your watch and think there is nothing wrong with
it,there is.

1. Double click the time in the lower right corner of the system tray.
2. In the dialog box that pops up select the *Time Zone* tab.
3. Use the drop down menu to select the correct entry for "your" TIME ZONE
4. Also, Check the box marked Daylight Savings Time.
5. Then click OK to save it.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly to help you with your question.

Further reading:
http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

Thank You

--

Coming soon Facial Recognition-SharpVision DVR's Visit http://www.seedsv.com
Live Web Demo now at http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm Simply the best.

"Joan & Larry Tarbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfnebh$45b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just tried message..receive all option--it says it is on message 18 out

of
> 53 and it just gets hung there..
> can I delete message 18 from input queue???
>
> help and thanks!

Richard

"Joan & Larry Tarbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfnebh$45b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just tried message..receive all option--it says it is on message 18 out

of
> 53 and it just gets hung there..
> can I delete message 18 from input queue???
>
> help and thanks!

Get another e-mail handling program as a backup.
I've had this happen a few times. It appears to be within the e-mail itself.
if you use mailwasher, you can at least eliminate the spam junk before you
download the rest.
www.mailwasher.com

Joan & Larry Tarbell

I just tried message..receive all option--it says it is on message 18 out of
53 and it just gets hung there..
can I delete message 18 from input queue???

help and thanks!

William Poaster

This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Thu, 24 Jul 2003 05:27:44
GMT, pcbutts1 uttered this:

Hmm...that explains why I didn't see the original message.