Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > No power to computer

No power to computer

Chuck S

I have a computer I was gonna try to fix . Although I did build my own
computer and all is well I still want to make sure that I am not over
looking something with this one.
They said it just locked up one day. That restarted it and nothing. No power
............. it's as if it is not even plugged up. Hit the power button and
you get nothing. I put an old power supply on it and still nothing. Don't
think it's the motherboard cause it would still get a power flow of some
sort. Even tried a new power cable.............. so....... what do you out
there think.

Alexander Rogge

> I have a computer I was gonna try to fix .
> They said it just locked up one day. That restarted it and nothing. No power
> ............ it's as if it is not even plugged up. Hit the power button and
> you get nothing. I put an old power supply on it and still nothing. Don't
> think it's the motherboard cause it would still get a power flow of some
> sort. Even tried a new power cable.............. so....... what do you out
> there think.

The first thing might be to check if the power outlet to which the
computer is connected is functioning. It's possible that there was an
overload that tripped a safety system like the main circuit breakers or
the ground fault interrupters (GFI) on certain electrical outlets.

Chuck S

It has been tried on more than one outlet.
"Alexander Rogge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfn5vj$aan$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a computer I was gonna try to fix .
> > They said it just locked up one day. That restarted it and nothing. No

power
> > ............ it's as if it is not even plugged up. Hit the power button

and
> > you get nothing. I put an old power supply on it and still nothing.

Don't
> > think it's the motherboard cause it would still get a power flow of some
> > sort. Even tried a new power cable.............. so....... what do you

out
> > there think.

> The first thing might be to check if the power outlet to which the
> computer is connected is functioning. It's possible that there was an
> overload that tripped a safety system like the main circuit breakers or
> the ground fault interrupters (GFI) on certain electrical outlets.

Unknown

Bad connection from the power switch to the power supply.
"Chuck S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1zQTa.10494$(E-Mail Removed)2.webusenet.com. ..
> It has been tried on more than one outlet.
> "Alexander Rogge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bfn5vj$aan$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have a computer I was gonna try to fix .
> > > They said it just locked up one day. That restarted it and nothing. No

> power
> > > ............ it's as if it is not even plugged up. Hit the power

button
> and
> > > you get nothing. I put an old power supply on it and still nothing.

> Don't
> > > think it's the motherboard cause it would still get a power flow of

some
> > > sort. Even tried a new power cable.............. so....... what do you

> out
> > > there think.

> > The first thing might be to check if the power outlet to which the
> > computer is connected is functioning. It's possible that there was an
> > overload that tripped a safety system like the main circuit breakers or
> > the ground fault interrupters (GFI) on certain electrical outlets.

Alexander Rogge

> It has been tried on more than one outlet.

>>>I have a computer I was gonna try to fix .
>>>They said it just locked up one day. That restarted it and nothing. No
>>>power

>>The first thing might be to check if the power outlet to which the
>>computer is connected is functioning.

Is the power switch on the power supply itself turned on?