Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cogent advice needed

Cogent advice needed

farmhand

Please-no smart remarks or reflections upon my cogency! I'm pretty much down
on myself as it is.

On ebay I bid and 'won' a barebone PC from EZBPC, which has now been
suspended from ebay listings.

Had myriad problems and finally requested and received an RMA and followed
by sending the motherboard with CPU and fan back a month ago. EZBPC does
not respond to my emails or answer the telephone calls although they still
have their website up and are accepting orders. They also acknowledge
receipt of emails through auto response.

I realize I'm more that likely out of the money or the replacement of the
defective MB and that is not an unusual event when doing business over the
'net. They have had my money for about two months now and it's gone as far
as the credit card company cares.

Question: I can file in small claims court but that will cost me about as
much as a new MB/CPU would cost and even if I won my case there is doubt I
could collect - EZBPC in CA, I'm in AZ, and they would ignore the judgment
or garnishment.

I would like to hang their ass but better judgment says forget it.

Have I answered my own question?

Cynthia Nollner

Ripped off on ebay, see if any of this helps you. Cause ebay will not, now
that the seller is NARU'D Ripped Off
http://www.mindspring.com/~bookdealers/ripoff.html

Cynthia

"farmhand" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Please-no smart remarks or reflections upon my cogency! I'm pretty much

down
> on myself as it is.
>
> On ebay I bid and 'won' a barebone PC from EZBPC, which has now been
> suspended from ebay listings.
>
> Had myriad problems and finally requested and received an RMA and followed
> by sending the motherboard with CPU and fan back a month ago. EZBPC does
> not respond to my emails or answer the telephone calls although they still
> have their website up and are accepting orders. They also acknowledge
> receipt of emails through auto response.
>
> I realize I'm more that likely out of the money or the replacement of the
> defective MB and that is not an unusual event when doing business over the
> 'net. They have had my money for about two months now and it's gone as

far
> as the credit card company cares.
>
> Question: I can file in small claims court but that will cost me about as
> much as a new MB/CPU would cost and even if I won my case there is doubt I
> could collect - EZBPC in CA, I'm in AZ, and they would ignore the judgment
> or garnishment.
>
> I would like to hang their ass but better judgment says forget it.
>
> Have I answered my own question?

Baron Von Reeve

Could've been worst at least you didn't buy a car or a house off of ebay. I
wondered why ebay's share price has better than doubled this year. Now i know
why