Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Automated backups to CDRW

Automated backups to CDRW

Mark Foster

Hi

I've tried several different backup software but keep running into the same
problem

I want several folders to be backed up to CDRW at a set time every night
without me having to do anything

The problem is that all the back up programs i've tried, write data to the
windows xp temporary burning folder but don't actually start the burning
process which I'd have to start manually

I hoped Nero would have some sort of automated backup ability but it seems
not to

Anyone reccomennd any software or a windows trick to actually start the
process of writing to the cdrw?

Many thanks

Mark

Brian H¹©

Mark Foster said:

> Hi
>
> I've tried several different backup software but keep running into the same
> problem
>
> I want several folders to be backed up to CDRW at a set time every night
> without me having to do anything
>
> The problem is that all the back up programs i've tried, write data to the
> windows xp temporary burning folder but don't actually start the burning
> process which I'd have to start manually
>
> I hoped Nero would have some sort of automated backup ability but it seems
> not to
>
> Anyone reccomennd any software or a windows trick to actually start the
> process of writing to the cdrw?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Mark

Use a macro?

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions

Have you tried the InCD UDF packet writer that comes with Nero?

"Mark Foster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfltiq$bbk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I've tried several different backup software but keep running into the

same
> problem
>
> I want several folders to be backed up to CDRW at a set time every night
> without me having to do anything
>
> The problem is that all the back up programs i've tried, write data to the
> windows xp temporary burning folder but don't actually start the burning
> process which I'd have to start manually
>
> I hoped Nero would have some sort of automated backup ability but it seems
> not to
>
> Anyone reccomennd any software or a windows trick to actually start the
> process of writing to the cdrw?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Mark

JR

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:24:50 +0100, "Brian H¹©" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions said:
>
>> Have you tried the InCD UDF packet writer that comes with Nero?
>>

>That part of Nero is total crap, as it only takes the slightest of hiccups to
>corrupt the contents of a RW disc.

Yes, if you are going to use this method, make sure you keep 2 CD-RWs.

OTOH if you are doing a backup each day, you could take a punt that
most of them will be OK, so you might only lose a day or so's data at
any one time.

jd

WiFi connection dropping at night during automated backups Geoff Wireless Networking 1 01-19-2006 10:38 PM
Case Study: Backups Explained Silverstrand Front Page News 0 06-24-2005 09:29 PM
Bookmark backups graeme@invalid Firefox 5 11-11-2004 10:09 PM
Backups sesquialtera Firefox 3 08-03-2004 09:19 PM
BACKUPS, BACKUPS, & BACKUPS. Software Mania MCSE 10 11-11-2003 01:22 AM

Advertisments