Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > zone alarm

zone alarm

Rich

I have zone alarm on my system (XP); I can only excess my e-mail (outlook
express 6) when zone alarm is not active.

--
Rich

Brian

do you not want ZA bothering with your email? Open ZA up, click EMAIL
PROTECTION, then you can turn MailSafe on or off. If you want it active
maybe you just need to configure it. If I recall, when I setup my ZA it
configured (automaticlly) my outlook express settings to work with it. maybe
click around za and find the fine tune settings and make sure they are right
to work with your email

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have zone alarm on my system (XP); I can only excess my e-mail (outlook
> express 6) when zone alarm is not active.
>
> --
> Rich

Jérémie

Hi,

To add to Brian's opinion, I suggest to set the security level to
Medium...in ZA

--

Bonne fin de journée
Have a nice day

Jaypie

jaypie à sympatico point ca
jaypie at sympatico dot ca

"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
ho2Ta.84923$(E-Mail Removed)...
> do you not want ZA bothering with your email? Open ZA up, click EMAIL
> PROTECTION, then you can turn MailSafe on or off. If you want it active
> maybe you just need to configure it. If I recall, when I setup my ZA it
> configured (automaticlly) my outlook express settings to work with it.

maybe
> click around za and find the fine tune settings and make sure they are

right
> to work with your email
>

> "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have zone alarm on my system (XP); I can only excess my e-mail

(outlook
> > express 6) when zone alarm is not active.
> >
> > --
> > Rich

mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, Rich mused:

| I have zone alarm on my system (XP); I can only excess my e-mail (outlook
| express 6) when zone alarm is not active.

Check your ZA logs for traffic being blocked when you load your email
client. See if there is anything there. It's possible you didn't give your
email client all the access it needs. Go to Program Control, and delete the
entry for your email client. Reload your client, and tell it Yes (and
Remember) for each prompt you receive just after loading it.