Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > lap top parts

lap top parts

paul

Hi guys, does anyone know of a site that sells laptop parts ,hard drives and
bits got a tiny laptop cannoy format the drive keeps finding an error in the
primary partition have deleted it and tried a few things still no luckj even
tried XP, gets to 35 mins remaining and just hangs there could it be a bad
sector on the drive would it be no good now .Thanks

Michael

In <news:KgYSa.1504$(E-Mail Removed)>,
paul said:

> Hi guys, does anyone know of a site that sells laptop parts ,hard
> drives and bits got a tiny laptop cannoy format the drive keeps
> finding an error in the primary partition have deleted it and tried a
> few things still no luckj even tried XP, gets to 35 mins remaining
> and just hangs there could it be a bad sector on the drive would it
> be no good now .Thanks

http://www.google.com/search?q=+%22parts+for+laptops%22
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...22computers%22

((U))

Stevo

paul wrote:
> Hi guys, does anyone know of a site that sells laptop parts ,hard
> drives and bits got a tiny laptop cannoy format the drive keeps
> finding an error in the primary partition have deleted it and tried a
> few things still no luckj even tried XP, gets to 35 mins remaining
> and just hangs there could it be a bad sector on the drive would it
> be no good now .Thanks

Sounds like it is a drive problem. Most laptops these days use 2.5" IDE
drives. You can buy these at most stores and they are easy to fit in most
cases (check the manufacturers website for manuals instructions etc). Once
fitted, you partition and format it, install an OS and away you go..

Alternatively, you might find a drive maintenance tool on the web site for
either the drive manufacturer or the laptop manufacturer

--
Stevo
(pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

Manfred Henn

Stevo wrote:
> paul wrote:
>
>>Hi guys, does anyone know of a site that sells laptop parts ,hard
>>drives and bits got a tiny laptop cannoy format the drive keeps
>>finding an error in the primary partition have deleted it and tried a
>>few things still no luckj even tried XP, gets to 35 mins remaining
>>and just hangs there could it be a bad sector on the drive would it
>>be no good now .Thanks

> Sounds like it is a drive problem. Most laptops these days use 2.5" IDE
> drives. You can buy these at most stores and they are easy to fit in most
> cases (check the manufacturers website for manuals instructions etc). Once
> fitted, you partition and format it, install an OS and away you go..
>
> Alternatively, you might find a drive maintenance tool on the web site for
> either the drive manufacturer or the laptop manufacturer

Also make sure you get the correct height of the drive which I believe
is mesured in millimeters.