Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: forte agent 1.93

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: forte agent 1.93

 
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-21-2003

"bobgal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfh6ur$kn0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm new to this so please bear with me-I have downloaded forte agent 1.93
> with a view to installing. I am currently using outlook express and am
> having headaches trying to keep tabs on the bulk of newsgroup messages.

Will
> forte agent be of benefit to me-or will it just complicate things? As I

say
> I'm just learning-complete novice-so any/all constructive advice
> appreciated. Tryin to keep to the RULES


Agent is infinitely better than OE, however, I'm having a hell of a time
configuring
it to work on Bellsouth.net



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-21-2003
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:41:00 -0400, in
<KlWSa.491$(E-Mail Removed)2.webusenet.com>
<(E-Mail Removed)> scrawled:

>
>"bobgal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bfh6ur$kn0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm new to this so please bear with me-I have downloaded
>> forte agent 1.93 with a view to installing.


<snip>

>Agent is infinitely better than OE, however, I'm having a
>hell of a time configuring it to work on Bellsouth.net


Why?

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-22-2003

> >Agent is infinitely better than OE, however, I'm having a
> >hell of a time configuring it to work on Bellsouth.net

>
> Why?


Finally after trying every combination I could dream up...success.

Basically hampered by Bellsouth's attitude that "We don't support Agent."



 
Reply With Quote
 
Phineas P. Hornswaggle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2003
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:25:28 -0400, <(E-Mail Removed)> ripped off
his/her clothing and screamed to the world:

>
>> >Agent is infinitely better than OE, however, I'm having a
>> >hell of a time configuring it to work on Bellsouth.net

>>
>> Why?

>
>Finally after trying every combination I could dream up...success.
>
>Basically hampered by Bellsouth's attitude that "We don't support Agent."
>
>


<****BOGGLE****>

--
Phin, damn you, will you e-mail me?
Vince

to me in teh 24hrsupport.helpdesk noosfroop.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Phineas P. Hornswaggle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2003
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:53:26 -0700, "Gary G. Taylor"
<(E-Mail Removed)> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed
to the world:

>Phineas P. Hornswaggle wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:25:28 -0400, <(E-Mail Removed)> ripped off
>> his/her clothing and screamed to the world:
>>
>>>
>>>> >Agent is infinitely better than OE, however, I'm having a
>>>> >hell of a time configuring it to work on Bellsouth.net
>>>>
>>>> Why?
>>>
>>>Finally after trying every combination I could dream up...success.
>>>
>>>Basically hampered by Bellsouth's attitude that "We don't support Agent."
>>>
>>>

>>
>> <****BOGGLE****>
>>

>I'll see that <****BOGGLE****> and raise you another <****BOGGLE****>.
>
>How could they NOT support what is probably the most widely-used news client
>after Outhouse?!


Besides which, it is not a matter of the ISP supporting or not
supporting any mail client, as long as the client uses standard STMP
and NNTP the mail and news servers will accept the information and
pass it on.

Methinks the d00d means that their 1st level support staff know
nothing about configuring AGENT on *his* machine for him.

Still, a double <****BOGGLE****> is definitely called for.

--
Phin, damn you, will you e-mail me?
Vince

to me in teh 24hrsupport.helpdesk noosfroop.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
link to download forte free agent 3.3 ( freeware ) news reader agent jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk Computer Information 1 07-27-2007 12:23 AM
News goup for Agent forte smicker Computer Support 2 07-25-2003 06:14 PM
Re: forte agent 1.93 Brenadier Jehosephat Computer Support 4 07-23-2003 07:42 AM
Re: forte agent 1.93 Meat Plow Computer Support 0 07-21-2003 06:29 PM
Re: forte agent 1.93 Ron Martell Computer Support 1 07-21-2003 05:32 PM



Advertisments