Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook and Outlook Express question

Outlook and Outlook Express question

martin

Hi all

I have a new SPV mobile-phone that connects to the computer and shares its
address book with Microsoft Outlook. I have Outlook installed but do not use
it as my main e-mail client I use Outlook Express which my mobile-phone is
not designed to sync with. This is probably because the software for the
phone is supplied by Microsoft and Microsoft can make more money for
supplying Outlook then it can with Outlook Express because Outlook does not
come supplied with Windows. Probably unfair to say that about Microsoft I'm
sure they don't think like that LOL. Is there a way to get Outlook and
Outlook Express to share their address books so they both are updated.

Thanks in advance

Martin

martin

"Allan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> Why not use Outlook as it is far superior to Express, just config it to
> download from your POP3 account.
>

> "martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have a new SPV mobile-phone that connects to the computer and shares

its
> > address book with Microsoft Outlook. I have Outlook installed but do not

> use
> > it as my main e-mail client I use Outlook Express which my mobile-phone

is
> > not designed to sync with. This is probably because the software for the
> > phone is supplied by Microsoft and Microsoft can make more money for
> > supplying Outlook then it can with Outlook Express because Outlook does

> not
> > come supplied with Windows. Probably unfair to say that about Microsoft

> I'm
> > sure they don't think like that LOL. Is there a way to get Outlook and
> > Outlook Express to share their address books so they both are updated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Martin

Hi Allan

It's probably because I am a creature of habit and don't like change. It
makes sense though so I'll set my e-mail accounts upon Outlook and give it a
try.

Thanks for the input

Martin

Allan