Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What is a SIG file and how do I open it?

What is a SIG file and how do I open it?

Richard Volls

I'm trying to figure out how to open this .sig file that I got. I'm
told that it is supposed to be a brochure and was created with desktop
publishing software, but I don't know which specific application is
associated with it. MS Publisher doesn't recognize it. Anyone know...?
TIA

DC

Richard Volls wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to open this .sig file that I got. I'm
> told that it is supposed to be a brochure and was created with desktop
> publishing software, but I don't know which specific application is
> associated with it. MS Publisher doesn't recognize it. Anyone know...?
> TIA

Maybe this?

http://www.filext.com/detaillist.php...&Submit3=Go%21

--
DC

Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to be is like
shitting in your pants because that's where your asshole happened to be.

trout

Richard Volls wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to open this .sig file that I got. I'm
> told that it is supposed to be a brochure and was created with desktop
> publishing software, but I don't know which specific application is
> associated with it. MS Publisher doesn't recognize it. Anyone
> know...? TIA

My *guess*, after a little research, is that it was made with some
version of "Print Shop". If there is another viewer for it; I couldn't
find it. If I understand what I've read correctly, the file's creator
might have saved it as a .pdf file, instead, for greater accessability.
--
"I'm guessing you'll have to ask whomever you got it from."

digirl9 digirl9 is offline
Junior Member

Hi, Has anyone solved the 'How do I open a sig. file" (for free)? I know they came from "The Print Shop" program that I use. I have about 15 sig files that I can't open or replace; I've spent $40.00 on Registry Patrol...thinking my registry was corrupt...I just love spending hours on my computer trying to achieve one small simple task...and failing. Help?

CatanaDiamond CatanaDiamond is offline
Junior Member

This file was created by "Printshop" by Broderbund, it is a fantastic desktop Publisher (and is under 40 for the latest version,it is a steal!), I don't undertsand why more people don't use. Whomever sent you the file, should have converted it to pdf first (which you are able to do on Printshop) however, I do believe there is a reader available to download.

Hope this helps.
Cat