Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > problems after the crash

problems after the crash

Rich

I am attempting to install win 95 on a pc that originally had 2000. I keep
getting no os found.

--
Rich

amby

Did you re-partition to fat 16 ?

amby

"There is no kind of dishonesty into which otherwise good people
more
easily and frequently fall than that of defrauding the
government."

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am attempting to install win 95 on a pc that originally had

2000. I keep
> getting no os found.
>
> --
> Rich

Thund3rstruck

Rich rambled on about something in
<(E-Mail Removed)>:

> I am attempting to install win 95 on a pc that originally had 2000.
> I keep getting no os found.

You might have to remove all partitions in order to get it to work
properly. If you had win2000 on it, the filesystem could have been
NFTS, or Fat32, both which Win95 can't see or handle.

NOI

Rich

how do I remove all partitions?

--
Rich
"Thund3rstruck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f1b3014$0$73626$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rich rambled on about something in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
> > I am attempting to install win 95 on a pc that originally had 2000.
> > I keep getting no os found.
> >

> You might have to remove all partitions in order to get it to work
> properly. If you had win2000 on it, the filesystem could have been
> NFTS, or Fat32, both which Win95 can't see or handle.
>
> NOI

Salt_Peter

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how do I remove all partitions?

By running fdisk from a bootable floppy. You may have to delete a non-Dos
partition with fdisk in order to be rid of an ntfs based W2K partition. Then
recreate the partition(s) with fdisk before formatting. Note that a system
needs to be rebooted before a new partition can be formatted.

If you need a start disk, try www.bootdisk.com

By the way, Win95 OSR2 does read/ create FAT32 partitions, Win95a does not
(only FAT16).

VS crash after debug Trapulo ASP .Net 15 04-13-2006 08:35 AM
catalyst 2900XL with ATM module - crash after snmpwalk? Duncan Cisco 0 01-11-2006 04:25 PM
An extension that saves webpages after a crash? Teh Suck Firefox 3 12-14-2005 03:56 PM
VS2003 web applications crash IIS after installing Asp 2.0 Troy Tarrant ASP .Net 1 11-18-2005 05:10 AM
CRASH - DirectX End-User runtime - CRASH - What to to ? reply@newsgroup.please Computer Support 1 01-05-2004 02:55 PM

Advertisments