Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > system crash

system crash

Rich

I have an old pc that will no longer boot-up; I had win 2000 on the system
but am unable to find the disk. I have found my win 95 disk, but no code.
What should I do?

--
Rich

°Mike°

What should you do about what? What exactly is it that
you're asking?

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:45:51 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Rich scrawled:

>I have an old pc that will no longer boot-up; I had win 2000
>on the system but am unable to find the disk. I have found
>my win 95 disk, but no code. What should I do?

--
Basic computer maintenance

Rich

Do I go out and buy a new os disk; can I get the codes for my 95 disk.

--
Rich
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What should you do about what? What exactly is it that
> you're asking?
>

> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:45:51 -0700, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Rich scrawled:
>
> >I have an old pc that will no longer boot-up; I had win 2000
> >on the system but am unable to find the disk. I have found
> >my win 95 disk, but no code. What should I do?

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rich continued:

> I have an old pc that will no longer boot-up; I had win 2000 on the
> system but am unable to find the disk. I have found my win 95 disk,
> but no code. What should I do?

Make a nice cuppa. You can't beat tea.
--
slumpy
no more

Rich

how and why would I want to do that. Also this is the kids system, would
that still be a good idea

--
Rich
"Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bff9ig$e6bqj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Rich wrote:
>
> > I have an old pc that will no longer boot-up; I had win 2000 on the

system
> > but am unable to find the disk. I have found my win 95 disk, but no

code.
> > What should I do?
> >

> Put Linux on it, it's free.
> --
> Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
> gary at cdfound dot org / http:// geetee dot cdfound dot org
> "The two most abundant things in the universe
> are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison

Gary G. Taylor

Rich wrote:

> how and why would I want to do that. Also this is the kids system, would
> that still be a good idea

Absolutely. With an out-of-the-box installation he can do anything most
Windows users can do, with the exception of razzle-dazzle games. And he'll
learn Linux VERY fast, all kids do.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA