Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > internet really slow

internet really slow

miss calm

My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an upgrade to the
latest AMD Atholon processor. What could be the problem? Thanks.

rgm

"> My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an upgrade to the
> latest AMD Atholon processor. What could be the problem? Thanks.

Try Ad-aware first it's takes care of a lot internet crap.
A good starting point for you

Link copied from Brian H
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror
www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/aaw6181.exe

DaveG

"miss calm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfe2q7$vs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an upgrade to

the
> latest AMD Atholon processor. What could be the problem? Thanks.

Traffic,servers,spyware,dodgy ISP etc etc etc-lots of reasons

ATB-DaveG

eck eck

ain't it th-th-the summer of b-b-br-br-broadband?

"miss calm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfe2q7$vs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an upgrade to the
> latest AMD Atholon processor. What could be the problem? Thanks.

miss calm

"DaveG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfe3ca$fr9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> --
> "miss calm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bfe2q7$vs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an upgrade to

> the
> > latest AMD Atholon processor. What could be the problem? Thanks.
> >

> Traffic,servers,spyware,dodgy ISP etc etc etc-lots of reasons

Do you mean spyware imported unknowingly into my pc? If so how could I find
it?
The only prog I am running is Griisoft AVG which was never a prob before.
(ISP Freeserve)

> ATB-DaveG

DaveG

"miss calm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfe4f7$qe3$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "DaveG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bfe3ca$fr9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > --
> > "miss calm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bfe2q7$vs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an

upgrade to
> > the
> > > latest AMD Atholon processor. What could be the problem? Thanks.
> > >

> > Traffic,servers,spyware,dodgy ISP etc etc etc-lots of reasons

> Do you mean spyware imported unknowingly into my pc? If so how could

I find it?
> The only prog I am running is Griisoft AVG which was never a prob

before. (ISP Freeserve)

See the thread above which is named 'popups and adware, spyware'
for advice on good Spyware killers,I noticed 'something' have the CPU
crank a few cycles this am and will gleefully zap the little mofo's
later.
I use Spybot,Ad-Aware and Bulletproof.
If you haven't used a spykiller before you're in for a surprise!

ATB-DG.

ps-I never had NAV find spyware-it doesn't provide that
fucntion,presumably AVG does not either.

°Mike°

Basic computer maintenance

Install and use:

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://security.kolla.de/

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spyware Blaster

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:44:23 +0100, in
<bfe2q7$vs$(E-Mail Removed)>
miss calm scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Blinky the Shark

miss calm wrote:

> My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an upgrade to

So it's *yours*, is it? I've been wondered who I should ask for more.
Can I have more of your Internet? Mine's getting kind of used up.

--
Blinky Linux RU 297263
Spam: The Boulder Pledge http://snurl.com/bpledge