Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Slow and "Jerkey" Playback/Games/DVD's

Slow and "Jerkey" Playback/Games/DVD's

Charles Evans

Have a ATI Rage video card, Windows ME, 1GB AMD,
256K mem..20 GB Maxtor HD (3 yrs old) with over 50% free space and just ran
scandisk and defrag. No files in temp/temp internet folders since I just
purged them...Just reloaded system with correct drivers and correct setup.
Flight Simulator 2002, Movie DVD's and some other games Start and run good,
then start to "Jerk", run, "Pause", run, etc. , Any Ideas?

Thanks, Charlie

Brian H

Charles Evans said:

> Have a ATI Rage video card, Windows ME, 1GB AMD,
> 256K mem..20 GB Maxtor HD (3 yrs old) with over 50% free space and just ran
> scandisk and defrag. No files in temp/temp internet folders since I just
> purged them...Just reloaded system with correct drivers and correct setup.
> Flight Simulator 2002, Movie DVD's and some other games Start and run good,
> then start to "Jerk", run, "Pause", run, etc. , Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks, Charlie

Possibly because you have WinME, which is the worst OS ever dreamt up by MS.

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

PhilGreg

"Charles Evans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TJlSa.12712$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have a ATI Rage video card, Windows ME, 1GB AMD,
> 256K mem..20 GB Maxtor HD (3 yrs old) with over 50% free space and

just ran
> scandisk and defrag. No files in temp/temp internet folders since I

just
> purged them...Just reloaded system with correct drivers and correct

setup.
> Flight Simulator 2002, Movie DVD's and some other games Start and

run good,
> then start to "Jerk", run, "Pause", run, etc. , Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks, Charlie

==> It may be too much for your video card. I have a Rage IIC and I
doubt that would run on mine. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that
Flight Simulator require OpenGL and 3d Rendering.

--
Phil

\\\///
( o o )
--------oOOO-- ( )--OOOo------

yugsdrawkcab

Brian H wrote:

> Charles Evans said:
>

>>Have a ATI Rage video card, Windows ME, 1GB AMD,
>>256K mem..20 GB Maxtor HD (3 yrs old) with over 50% free space and just ran
>>scandisk and defrag. No files in temp/temp internet folders since I just
>>purged them...Just reloaded system with correct drivers and correct setup.
>>Flight Simulator 2002, Movie DVD's and some other games Start and run good,
>>then start to "Jerk", run, "Pause", run, etc. , Any Ideas?
>>
>>Thanks, Charlie

> Possibly because you have WinME, which is the worst OS ever dreamt up by MS.

Quit spreading untruths already. I've been running Win ME since the day
of release and NEVER have a problem with it. I also have more hardware
installed than the average user.

People who do not know how to maintain a PC are the ones that say an OS
is no good.