Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Windows XP Activation

Re: Windows XP Activation

Jimchip

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:52:10 -0500, Travis wrote:
> I just purchased XP.
>
> What is the deal with this activation thing? Is there no way around
> this?
>
> Am I sending MS privacy about my pc?
>
> What if I purchase a new PC and want to install XP on it? Will I be
> unable to?

Don't you know? "...Microsoft Product Activation is designed to protect
you?"

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/basics/activation/

--
We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

pino

"Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:52:10 -0500, Travis wrote:
> > I just purchased XP.
> >
> > What is the deal with this activation thing? Is there no way around
> > this?
> >
> > Am I sending MS privacy about my pc?
> >
> > What if I purchase a new PC and want to install XP on it? Will I be
> > unable to?

> Don't you know? "...Microsoft Product Activation is designed to protect
> you?"
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/basics/activation/
>
> --
> We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
> one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

Haven't had anyone knocking this door yet, I simply downloaden this XP. The
activationcode must have been entered by numerous k-lite users. No problem
getting SP1 or any other update.
I installed XP merely for evaluation purposes, of course...

Michael

In <news:3f1849c4$0$49107$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>,
pino said:

> "Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:52:10 -0500, Travis wrote:
>>> I just purchased XP.
>>>
>>> What is the deal with this activation thing? Is there no way around
>>> this?
>>>
>>> Am I sending MS privacy about my pc?
>>>
>>> What if I purchase a new PC and want to install XP on it? Will I be
>>> unable to?

>> Don't you know? "...Microsoft Product Activation is designed to
>> protect you?"
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/basics/activation/
>>
>> --
>> We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
>> one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

> Haven't had anyone knocking this door yet, I simply downloaden this
> XP. The activationcode must have been entered by numerous k-lite
> users. No problem getting SP1 or any other update.
> I installed XP merely for evaluation purposes, of course...

I suppose you could try prison for evaluation purposes as well, then.

Reporting addresses:
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)

((U))