Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Windows XP Activation

Re: Windows XP Activation

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Travis continued:

> I just purchased XP.

Yet you didn't know about the ctivation code ?

> What is the deal with this activation thing? Is there no way around
> this?

Nope. Unless you have a corporate copy like me

> Am I sending MS privacy about my pc?

Probably. But then again, so am I, I would imagine.

> What if I purchase a new PC and want to install XP on it? Will I be
> unable to?

Yes, but apparently you can install it on another machine as long as M$ know
about it.

But I may be wrong on the last bit.
--
slumpy