Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express : message language as a condition for the rule

Outlook Express : message language as a condition for the rule

Alex Vinokur

=============
Windows 2000
Outlook Express 5
=============

Tools->Message Rules->Mail...

Is it possible that a condition for some rule is a message language ?

Alex Vinokur
(E-Mail Removed)
http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn
http://www.simtel.net/search.php?act...e=Alex+Vinokur

Mike

<Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>

Try this:

Korean Spam Filter
http://www.siue.edu/~jpogats/korea.html

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:13:31 +0300, in
<bf92qt$c55mj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Alex Vinokur scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

James Silverton

"Michael Santovec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not something that you can test directly in OE.
>
> I've found this Outlook Express Message Rule fairly effective with Asian

spam

> Apply this rule after the message arrives
> Where the Subject line contains 'd' or '1' or '%' or '@' or 'G' or '$' or

'F' or 'A' or
> 'R'
> Delete it
> and Stop processing more rules
>
> If it misses a message, I copy/paste another unique character from the

subject into the
> rule.

That's essentially one way to go, I guess. Another general principle applies
to spam from Japan and Korea: characters in the subject often translate into
capital 'A's with accents. Since no language that I can read uses accented
capitals these are pretty good indicators.

--
James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA

Alex Vinokur

"Michael Santovec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not something that you can test directly in OE.
>
> I've found this Outlook Express Message Rule fairly effective with Asian spam
>
> Apply this rule after the message arrives
> Where the Subject line contains '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or
> ''

How can I do that?
It seems that my keyboard doesn't contain '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', ''.

> Delete it
> and Stop processing more rules
>
> If it misses a message, I copy/paste another unique character from the subject into the
> rule.

[snip]

--
=====================================
Alex Vinokur

Alex Vinokur

"Michael Santovec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not something that you can test directly in OE.
>
> I've found this Outlook Express Message Rule fairly effective with Asian spam
>
> Apply this rule after the message arrives
> Where the Subject line contains '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or
> ''
> Delete it

> and Stop processing more rules

1. Is it important?
2. How can I stop processing more rules?

> If it misses a message, I copy/paste another unique character from the subject into the
> rule.

=====================================
Alex Vinokur
(E-Mail Removed)
=====================================

Brian H

http://www.absey-vine.co.uk/helpdesk/oe.html

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

Brian H

Alex Vinokur said:

> "Michael Santovec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Not something that you can test directly in OE.
>>
>> I've found this Outlook Express Message Rule fairly effective with Asian spam
>>
>> Apply this rule after the message arrives
>> Where the Subject line contains '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or
>> '' or '' or ''
>> Delete it

>> and Stop processing more rules

> 1. Is it important?
> 2. How can I stop processing more rules?

In Message Rules | Pane 2, scroll down to the third from last line.

>> If it misses a message, I copy/paste another unique character from the
>> subject into the
>> rule.

Alex Vinokur

"Michael Santovec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not something that you can test directly in OE.
>
> I've found this Outlook Express Message Rule fairly effective with Asian spam
>
> Apply this rule after the message arrives
> Where the Subject line contains '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or '' or
> ''
> Delete it

It seems that the method works fine.
Thanks.

> and Stop processing more rules
>
> If it misses a message, I copy/paste another unique character from the subject into the
> rule.

[snip]

--
Alex Vinokur