Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WMP 9 install questions

WMP 9 install questions

Shep©

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:39:59 GMT, In this world we created ECLiPSE
2002 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Have some basic questions regarding the installation of WMP 9:
>
>I have WMP 7.01 presently - is the new 9 version worth the upgrade?
>
>If so, does the 9 version overwrite the 7.01 version or must I first
>uninstall 7.01 and then install 9
>
>Any precautions or tips before installation when using Win 98se?
>
>Thanks for any assistance,
>
>Frank

It overwrites so you don't need to un-install anything.If you don't
like it it should place it's un-install in the Add Remove Programs or
you can just re-associate your media file types with the old Mplayer2
if you wish.Deselect in WMP the file types and the start/run and type
mplayer2/OK and set them in there.If that doesn't take you can use
Explorer/view/Folder options/File types and remove the file type.Then
double click on one and choose Mplayer2 from the list.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

ECLiPSE 2002

Have some basic questions regarding the installation of WMP 9:

I have WMP 7.01 presently - is the new 9 version worth the upgrade?

If so, does the 9 version overwrite the 7.01 version or must I first
uninstall 7.01 and then install 9

Any precautions or tips before installation when using Win 98se?

Thanks for any assistance,

Frank

this sucks

Just be careful of the OS you are using....If you are using W98 it may not
behave properly, although for the most part mine does...XP should not be a
problem...

"Shep©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:39:59 GMT, In this world we created ECLiPSE
> 2002 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :
>

> >Have some basic questions regarding the installation of WMP 9:
> >
> >I have WMP 7.01 presently - is the new 9 version worth the upgrade?
> >
> >If so, does the 9 version overwrite the 7.01 version or must I first
> >uninstall 7.01 and then install 9
> >
> >Any precautions or tips before installation when using Win 98se?
> >
> >Thanks for any assistance,
> >
> >Frank

> It overwrites so you don't need to un-install anything.If you don't
> like it it should place it's un-install in the Add Remove Programs or
> you can just re-associate your media file types with the old Mplayer2
> if you wish.Deselect in WMP the file types and the start/run and type
> mplayer2/OK and set them in there.If that doesn't take you can use
> Explorer/view/Folder options/File types and remove the file type.Then
> double click on one and choose Mplayer2 from the list.
> HTH
>

> --
> Free Windows/PC help,
> Free songs download,
> http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/17/sheppard.html

Reginald Perrin

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:39:59 +0000, ECLiPSE 2002 wrote:

> Have some basic questions regarding the installation of WMP 9:
>
> I have WMP 7.01 presently - is the new 9 version worth the upgrade?
>
> If so, does the 9 version overwrite the 7.01 version or must I first
> uninstall 7.01 and then install 9
>
> Any precautions or tips before installation when using Win 98se?
>
> Thanks for any assistance,
>
> Frank

WMP 9 installs Digital Rights Management software, which is meant to be a
major system 'upgrade' for WinXP, and is uninstallable. Google DRM to find
out more about just how wonderfull this will be. Not. You'd be better off
installing Winamp 3 if you wanted a more up to date player.
Reg

ECLiPSE 2002

Many thanks to those that responded

Frank